End Game Gear

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Swordsman

End Game Gear

Post by Swordsman »

According to a power up guide from faq, the author listed crimson cape (def 21) as the best accessory for all the characters but would it be better if trade def points for power ring (def 14 + pwr 20) for melee based characters or Mangosh (def 12, skl +20, Counter-rate up) for characters like viktor and pesmerga who can't hit to save their life. Likewise Speed Ring (def 13 spd) +15 to further boost the speed for speedy characters ? what do you guys think ?
Hirathien

Re: End Game Gear

Post by Hirathien »

I usually go for Raw power when it comes to melee people.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The power up guide takes only DEF into account. That is, of course, not sufficient.
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

thats right, seems like i gotta mix and match.. :D
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Take a note of or equipment list. The game has some hidden bonuses, which the in-game descriptions hide.
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

skill affects the accuracy ? equip Mangosh on characters like viktor or pesmerga so they won't miss so often ?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Never had Viktor miss with Clone Rune, if i remember correctly.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

special attacks don't miss, but Clone Rune is a pretty poor choice for Viktor as you'll be averaging 1x dmg a round. Regular attacks out-perform Clone Rune for damage due to critical hits, you just don't get to use an item between attacks.... Double-Beat is best.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Viktor has low SKL naturally and will miss here and there with normal attacks.
Mangoshes are a good choice but they're rare drops from Devil Armor.
Special Rune attacks, unites, and critical hits don't miss.
You can put turtle runes on people with unites that have the unbalanced side-effect to negate the unbalance. :)
many ways to owning the monsters in this game....
Strategy is the key to victory!
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Swordsman wrote:skill affects the accuracy ? equip Mangosh on characters like viktor or pesmerga so they won't miss so often ?
1. Yep, SKL affects accuracy. Viktor (~85 SKL @ level 60) almost always gets countered at the final dungeon, while Tir hits the mobs there all the time.

2. Mangosh doesn't increase accuracy, but rather increases the chances that the user will counter-attack. So if you can't hit them, why not counter-attack them?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

as Celes mentioned, Mangosh adds 20 to SKL so it would greatly benefit Viktor. that also means critical hit rate is slightly boosted! and of course they will still benefit someone like Tir who is one of the best dodge & counter-attackers in the game. basically, it's a godly piece of equipment... and i've never gotten ONE my playthroughs!
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Ah, I thought of Mangosh from Suikoden 2, which is a shield. I forgot that the Mangosh here is an armor! That way, accuracy and counter-attack chance is actually increased with Mangosh here! Godly equipment, indeed.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's an accessory so you can probably equip multiple ones on the same character....
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Haven't got a Mangosh in my playthrough, so I can't tell. But if you can indeed wear multiple Mangoshes on one character, it could really help people with low SKL such as Viktor, yet people with already high SKL like Tir can still benefit from it.

I mean, with 2 Mangoshes, Viktor can hit way better than without those.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Technically, it does. But by the time you grab 2 Mangosh, you could have beaten the rest of the game without any accessories :)

This is the only piece of equipment, which can only be looted. In the early years, it didn't appear in FAQs and lists at all, due to its rareness.