End Game Gear

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
ninjaluc79

Re: End Game Gear

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I agree. The game is still easy to beat even without the Mangosh.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

Just got my first Mangosh ever in like 10 playthroughs (I never even knew about it before).

Viktor, level 28 skill: 44

With Mangosh? 64. One more Mangosh and a Master Garb and Viktor is good to go. Viktor's one weakness was accuracy and thus his rune setup (Clone for guaranteed hit is not as needed now). Now he's really going to be a beast.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

With increased accuracy, Viktor can use Double-Beat safely without missing and getting countered all the time.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Mithrandir

Post by Mithrandir »

Picked up 2 Mangosh in less than 30 minutes. I had been returning to Pannu Yakuta, pretty much after every event, trying to obtain one since the original event there. Viktor is still missing occasionally, but is definitely helping out more with the Gregminster Palace loot grind.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

they're wonderful pieces aren't they? I just got passed Neclord, and Viktor has been rocking 2 Mangosh and a double-beat (formerly killer). He doesn't just hit everything with 100%, but also counters a lot more often than I would have thought. More than any other front-liner save the main character.
Mithrandir

Post by Mithrandir »

Yeah, they are great. Unfortunately, I didn't get mine until late game but definitely worth it.