poison?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
kenshindono

poison?

Post by kenshindono »

dumb question but im replaying this game and i cant remember.. isn't there some way to get rid of poison other than items? im doing a bit of grinding at the start to go get that rune and i keep getting poisoned by the mosquitoes. I seem to recal something about not moving for a while or moving slowly.. was there any way other than rest/antidote?
Celes
Global Admin

Re: poison?

Post by Celes »

Technically: Some spells will cure poison. But aside from that, you can just wait until it wears of by itself. It will do so, after it did some damage.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

poison's not going to change if you stand in place, it lasts a certain number of steps/turns.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

speaking of grinding I restarted and in the process of attempting to get 6 celadon urns and 6 octopus urns. Posion doesn't kill the character btw. But at the beginning, it's antitoxins to cure and that's it. Holy rune has a decent drop rate when you fight 6 mosquitoes.
Strategy is the key to victory!
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ya i just stocked on antitoxins. But since i have limited space and a lot of it is full of wing boots and water rune pieces for later its kinda annoying having to have some on me. I think im giving up on the holy rune, i havent gotten a single one. i got an earth rune piece (what gives with it anyway, it says here that its actually a wind rune because they translated it wrong, and when i put it on to test it shows it raises skill not def. Is it actually wind? does it do wind dmg when i attack with it?) but no holy rune after an hour running around. kinda annoying
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

You can buy the Holy Rune soon, no need grinding for it. Wing Boots will be sold at your castle as well. Stick to the Water Rune pieces.

Wind are actually Earth and vice versa. Check our runes listing to be sure.