War Battles

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

War Battles

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

War Battles are a staple of the Suikoden games.
As Mathiu Silverburg put it: "Keep casualities to a minimum."
I challenge anyone to top my authentic results without cheating.
Strategy will be reveiled when I finish the game unless someone really wants to know sooner. I will edit/update this post as I progress in the game. (Restarted recently). All the images are pictures being taken off my hdtv.

Battle at Pannu Yakuta Castle.
Start: 9000 Imperial Army vs. 7105 Liberation Army.
Result: http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a40 ... tleWin.jpg (updated) I topped myself with a little strategy adjustment. I doubt anyone will beat this one.
Strategy: TBA

Battle at Fortress of Garan.
Start: 6000 Imperial Army vs. 8135 Liberation Army (Rubi not recruited yet... working on it...).
Result: http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a40 ... fGaran.jpg This number should get higher once I'm able to recruit Rubi (Kirkis lvl 40 miminum)
Strategy: TBA
Last edited by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Antimatzist

Re: War Battles

Post by Antimatzist »

Ha, interesting! I will definitely challenge you as soon as I can make good screenshotw :D
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Actually, you can start with 7105 in this battle. The number depends on the stars you recruited so far :)
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

That is absolutely correct. It's a simple way to check this. Without Templeton right before battle, I got 6985 starting.
Having 7105 for the first battle means you will have to recruit Lorelai (lvl 25 minimum) before the battle (before you enter the Burnt Village of the Evles for the first time) and all the other possible characters that should be recruited by then (check the walkthrough).
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Yup.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you are basically toying with luck, but your first attack should almost always be magic... the enemy loves to charge on the first turn.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

You can avoid unit losses for all turns, except enemy's Bow Attack. So you can check each turn with the thieves, reset and do the same battle again - which means you do the battle with exactly the same random numbers. Then, you can predict every turn and so forth.

You can even repeat this, trying different random numbers, until you get a pattern with none bow attacks. Possible due to the lame and easy to manipulate RNG of suikoden 1.

In later battles, the Dragon Knights can be used to nulify Bow Attacks.
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

CelesDestiny wrote:You can even repeat this, trying different random numbers, until you get a pattern with none bow attacks. Possible due to the lame and easy to manipulate RNG of suikoden 1.
Maybe this isn't the right topic, but do you know how work the RNG and where I can find it in the memory?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

I'm already working on the second battle (slowly though as I haven't had much time to play lately). But with the first battle so far, it's not "random".
Everything in the first battle so far is a result of a succession/sequence of events based off your choices meaning I can produce the same end-result (miminum casualty in my case) every single time.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

BadPotato wrote:Maybe this isn't the right topic, but do you know how work the RNG and where I can find it in the memory?
Unfortunately, I don't.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:Everything in the first battle so far is a result of a succession/sequence of events based off your choices meaning I can produce the same end-result (miminum casualty in my case) every single time.
That's how a RNG works.