Lepant's House of Boredom

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
KoLAddict

Lepant's House of Boredom

Post by KoLAddict »

I have played through Suikoden numerous times. I haven't played it in a couple years so I fired it up earlier today and am currently spinning around in Lepant's house trying to get to his sword. I've been stuck here for over an hour now, which has never happened to me before. Anyone else been stuck here for a long time before? There aren't any tricks that'll get me across faster are there? I'd like to get some sleep, it's 3:49am here right now, lol
FUUSUULUU

Re: Lepant's House of Boredom

Post by FUUSUULUU »

Nope. No trickss. Straight up randomness. On a saturday about 4 years ago I woke up at 9am and it took me till 1pm that same day. The only suikoden task that is worse in my opinion is getting Landis in SIII.
So Sayeth the FUU.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Would improving the total Luck stats of your party members affect the randomness? 4 hours' wait is way too long.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I don't think so. None of the stats effect any mini-games at all, despite the fact some claim they do. Try at Gaspar with McDohl alone at a low level or a full party where all chars have 180+ luck - it doesn't matter at all.

Besides, you can do much about your luck stats at this point of the story anyway.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Ouch, sorry it took you guys so long. I don't think it's ever taken me more than 10 minutes (which is still way too long, in my opinion), and during my last playthrough, I got through on the first try.
Eden

Post by Eden »

The first time I played Suikoden I, I actually went through at my first try and was disappointed, because I thought I missed out on many cool stuff. The next time I needed more than half an hour and was so bored ^^

By the way, nice to see you new name, Blutiger Engel :-)
The Fool
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

sometimes it takes me longer than usual, but never as long as yours.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KoLAddict

Post by KoLAddict »

What was really bad is I got across an hour after I made this topic, but hadn't gotten my dragon incense yet. That only took like 5 min tho, thank god, lol. I've never had it take more than 5-10 min before
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It'd be fitting to take forever to get the elusive Dragon Incense.

What's disturbing is that a similar amount of time may be required for ap player to be able to proceed with the main plot.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Talk about taking forever. I tried to "farm" Fortune Rune Pieces there once :lol:
KoLAddict

Post by KoLAddict »

CelesDestiny wrote:Talk about taking forever. I tried to "farm" Fortune Rune Pieces there once :lol:
Oh god. That'd take forever. How much time did you spend there, and how many did you accumulate?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

A few hours and got around 10. Wanted to boost McDohl to max stats but gave up on Fortune Rune Pieces after that :)
KoLAddict

Post by KoLAddict »

Definitely. Then it comes down to making him the only person in your party, taking off all his gear, loading him with rune pieces, save, then use them all and die, lol
Matthijs

Post by Matthijs »

Your "luck" level doesnt matter..
U ever try'd clicking the {X} button? It slows the spinning platform ;P
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the first time i played the game, i also tried to farm Luck Pieces (but didn't know about save-die so I just used them on McDohl right away). i *thought* hitting X near the item was helping me land them, but it's hard to tell.