Weapon rune damage in unites

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Hxc Flavor

Weapon rune damage in unites

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Do weapon runes work while doing unites or special runes? i.e. will pahn do fire damage with his weapon while doing a unite with gremio? Will Valeria do fire damage while using the Falcon? Same goes for in Suikoden 2 with runes like down and poison.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Weapon rune damage in unites

Post by KFCrispy »

i know that the element affects unites, but i didn't test it extensively. i don't know if the bonus dmg from Fire/Lightning add to unites. in Suikoden 2, the element and bonus damage from Fire/Lightning/Rage/Thunder definitely don't apply to unites--only ones that actually increase your attack power, like Exertion and Kindness, help unites.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

What about command runes or down, poison, etc? Any clue? I just might have to try it myself.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

are you playing Suikoden I or II or both..?
In I, I'm pretty sure command runes are also affected by your weapon's element but again, I'm not sure if Fire/Lightning's extra dmg bonus applies.

In II, the Down and Poison Runes don't affect unites/special attacks. the only ones that work are the ones that directly modify your ATK value, which are Kindness, Friendship, and Exertion (and Solitaire)... that's probably it.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.