How To Get Tir From Level 1 To Level 20 In 20 Minutes

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: How To Get Tir From Level 1 To Level 20 In 20 Minutes

Post by Celes »

Using the same method on 6 Slasher Rabbits on Mt. Tigerwolf will bring Tir up to lv 47 :)
Velocity Eleven

Post by Velocity Eleven »

oh great idea... I didnt think you'd be strong enough, I guess you are then
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Why would you want to be that high level with Tir? Would just make the beginning of the game super easy...where's the fun in that?
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Velocity Eleven

Icegryphon wrote:Why would you want to be that high level with Tir? Would just make the beginning of the game super easy...where's the fun in that?
because I can and is beneficial to do so
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

You are right that level grinding at the beginning makes the game very easy.

However, it's always a matter of opinion what do you consider as fun. Most people would claim that there is no fun in level building it all, yet I've done it and wrote a guide.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Well one of the main features of suikoden is that you never have to level grind because the experience system is so well done. I don't think I've had to grind more than a couple hours total in Suikoden games to level.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

The point is that some people don't play the games to have challenging battles. I am one of those. I play the games because I like the story. Easier battles means I can focus more on the story.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I'll have to disagree. Part of the story is Tir and his army fighting an uphill battle against a vastly superior empire. If it's easysauce then all the stuff they say about it being difficult sounds hollow.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

What is there to disagree with? It's people's personal preference on how to play the game. If you don't want to use tricks to make the game easier, then don't use them. But don't criticise other people for enjoying the game the way they want to.
Velocity Eleven

Icegryphon wrote:I'll have to disagree. Part of the story is Tir and his army fighting an uphill battle against a vastly superior empire. If it's easysauce then all the stuff they say about it being difficult sounds hollow.
the thing is, you're not limited to playing through the game only once... you can do whatever you want in each playthrough. You could make it even harder by doing a "fewest people recruited" playthrough
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Haha you made my point. Of course it's a personal preference, and I said my personal preference is in disagreement with yours. And then I explained what my preference was and why.
Velocity Eleven

Well what I'm saying is taht you can play multiple times in different ways. If you dont like using this early level building thing then you dont have to use it, but you can play through the game again and use it to see what it's like
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

CelesDestiny wrote:Using the same method on 6 Slasher Rabbits on Mt. Tigerwolf will bring Tir up to lv 47 :)
so its from level 1 jump to level 47 ??? possible to kill all 6 slasher rabbits at level 1 ?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Swordsman wrote:
CelesDestiny wrote:Using the same method on 6 Slasher Rabbits on Mt. Tigerwolf will bring Tir up to lv 47 :)
so its from level 1 jump to level 47 ??? possible to kill all 6 slasher rabbits at level 1 ?
I think theoretically based on calculations for experience gained. yes

But no, you cannot normally kill 6 slasher rabbits at level 1 with Tir by himself. Defense is only 33 tops with the best armor at the beginning of the game as shown in the video. No way he can withstand all the damage as slasher rabbits don't miss on the long range throw attack.
Strategy is the key to victory!