When it rains it pours...crititcals?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Icegryphon
Banned User

When it rains it pours...crititcals?

Post by Icegryphon »

Is it just me or does it seem like once one person gets a critical they trigger everyone to get criticals? It seems that very seldom does only one person get a critical in a fight. Either it's none or it's multiple people.

Anyone know what causes crits? Is it just the luck stat?
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: When it rains it pours...crititcals?

Post by KFCrispy »

it's based on the luck and skill stats equally. it's very random, there is no reason they should all critical at once.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Gotcha. I'm going through it again right now and it seems that a lot of times they'll all crit in the same round.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Funny idea, i'd like to see a rune which has this effect and works in same mechanism as spark. If the rune bearer cri hits then so will do other party members, that way high skill/luck/speed characters would be way more appreciated.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

On topic:
It's not that they all crit at the same time, it's the fact that the camera stays zoomed fooling you into thinking this next character also crits. You can see that the damage the second character dealt is normal
Unlike Suikoden 2 where the camera returns normal as soon as the character is finished with his attack

That's how I see it
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account