[Guide] Monster Level List

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
gradeAbra

Re: [Guide] Monster Level List

Post by gradeAbra »

Ellyos, did you create that chart yourself?

Secondly, all the info there are found out using the Editor alone?
Thanks for the chart.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Yes I did it myself and nope, not all info are in data.

In data, you find (with hexa editor/reader only) :
Name, Level, Bits reward, HP, PWR, SKL, DEF, SPD, MGC, LCK, Magic resists, Drops and drop rate.

The other infos released :
Monster number : totally random, it came from my mind only (it's for further things I plan to do later)
Location : not in monster data, but since monster are in location data, that's nearly the same.
Bribe : Like CelesDestiny said to me, bribing is linked to fight, not monster, but I started to put bribe cost for each monster, then I realised it was just 3x bits reward, so I replaced these values by "yes" when monster were meet in fight you can bribe, and "no" else.
Attacks/Effects : Name attacks come from me. I don't think attacks name are in data anyway. I think attack effects should be found in data, but at the moment, I only put data I know (like status effect from attack and range so far).
Comments : Will be random. More personal tips than official ones.
Images : Initially from screenshots, but ripping them properly now.
I mean I prefer that :

if possible that :

to that :

No problem for the chart, but I'll remove it as soon as Celes update this site.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Ellyos how did you rip out the monster sprite? It looks interesting.
Is there anyway to rip out all the Spell effect and animation? Great job by the way.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

gradeAbra wrote:How did you rip out the monster sprite?
I tried with all TIMripper I could find (TIM is image format for PSX), but that never works... By the way, if someone know how to use these ripper because I think I could have forgot something...

Anyway, I found psx-vram which can get image from savestate, like ePsxe Savestate
Need to rename savestate in adding .gz at the end, then unzip it, after you just need to drag the file in psx-vram window.
You should see all images used during the savestate (so if you don't use magic in fight, you won't see magic effects in the savestate from this fight).

After, psx-vram is pretty tricky since you need to find yourself the good palette (matching colors) because each sprite files has its own palette.
Here is a link for psx-vram tutorial : http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/forum/show ... php?t=6300
Is there anyway to rip out all the Spell effect and animation?
For spell effects yeah. Im' getting them, but I haven't found good colors yet... it's a pain.
For animation, well you have to do it yourself with all images you get.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

So i just need to insert Suikoden 1 CD to do the ripping?
What do you mean by save state?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

It's a save but not from memory card... that saves all the PSX memory.

Thus you can save during a fight, quit, then, in loading your savestate, you restart at this fight.
In ePsxe, savestate are in sstates folder. You can save in typing F1 during game, or load in typing F3.
Else, you can find them in Run menu from ePsxe.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

So you i just need a savestate to do the ripping? Currently i do not have any. Can i rip using the CD?
Grade"A"Brassiere
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

the game must run by an psx bios to understand what mean all these binary/hexadecimal files... so using a images files or CD, wont matter I suppose :)

Beside, does some monster are using more sprite than other one, right? That maybe one of the "unknows value"? (that maybe not the one between the rune resistance and the soul eater... that is a weird aera to stock this data... but we may look foward on this)

ps: D'ailleur je parle aussi français(du québec), donc si jamais ta besoin d'aide pour des trucs comme assemblers, je pourrai toujours essayer de t'aider, mais faudra aussi que lisent quelques tutos... :mrgreen: 8)
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

I don't think "unknown values" I list previously are the only ones... maybe there are some more after though.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

I just created a Savestate...So all i need to do now is to rip the sprite with the CD inserted?

Anyway Ellyos isit possible to rip McDohl's 3rd Souleater spell animation? I wonder how would it look like after you rip it.

Thanks
Grade"A"Brassiere
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

You just need the savestate and the program psx-vram, not the CD.
Just follow instruction in the tutorial I linked above.

You can't rip animation, you rip sprites used for the animation. After, you have to work with these sprites yourself to create the animation.
Anyway, I don't think 3rd Soul Eater Spell can be rip since it's only 3D effect.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Oh thats too bad. Anyway Ellyos isit possible for you to rip his 3rd level souleater sound effect. Thats is one of the coolest sound effect ever.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

I'm playing thought the game again.. and I just see that the monster from Scarlertica castle aren't in the bestiary.

Thought, this may be obselete...
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Scarleticia Castle has no exclusive enemies. If you sort the list by "Appearance", you might overlook them because every enemy is sorted acccording to the first area they appear in.

Yet they are listed. You can always use your browser search function looking for "Scarleticia Castle" and you'll find: Mad Ivy, Creeper and Nightmare.