[Guide] Monster Level List

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Ellyos

Re: [Guide] Monster Level List

Post by Ellyos »

Ok, if you have it, give me name of monster with a 100% drop rate item in suikoden 2 ^^, I'll search it in hoping i find it though -.-
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Double Head - Spark Rune
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Is the drop of Gigantes really a Goldlet :shock: ?

That ruins my perfect file :cry:
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Well I just finished to browse items and I'm almost sure of it.

item 22 : silverlet
item 23 : Gigantes drop
item 24 : mangosh
item 25 : Power gloves

In data, goldlet is between silverlet and mangosh

moreover, all items are classified by categories :
item 01 - 08 : all hat
item 09 - 18 : all armors

item 1B - 1F : all boots
item 20 - 25 : gloves ( in data, they are listed like this : Gloves, Gauntlet, Silverlet, Goldlet, Mangosh, Power Gloves)
item 26 - 29 : all capes
etc...

Well, don't waste your time with it... gigantes drop rate is the same than Siren's Prosperity Crystal, that doesn't worth it...
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Thx for clarifying that.

Of course it's not worth the drop. However, with the drop of the Gigantes there exists 2 Goldlet in this game. Until now, I though the only one is the one found in a treasure in Dragon's Den. Oh, well ...
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

That ruin my file as well....Damn. But 1 is sufficient.
Grade"A"Brassiere
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

Hi,

I was just wondering, how you find out what is the items drop of enemy? I'm actually trying to find if there any RNS(random number) address value, that could be the item rate. Or you just test/error again and again??

thanks
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

BadPotato wrote:Hi,

I was just wondering, how you find out what is the items drop of enemy? I'm actually trying to find if there any RNS(random number) address value, that could be the item rate. Or you just test/error again and again??

thanks

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/gu ... stiary.php
Grade"A"Brassiere
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Yeah I used the site to identify drop, then I created a drop table with item code and item name.
By chance, drop list was pretty complete (and no mistake ! even if I'd like to find some more rune piece drop T_T) so I could fill the table easily...

Only 3 drops missed I think :
Goldlet from Gigantes
Mega medicine from Sunshine King
And another one I forgot but should be a Medicine too

To CelesDestiny :
I'm browsing Suikoden 2 data files and well I have some difficulties to find monsters since my game is in french, so I have to know monster name and I haven't played to this game for 5 or 6 years xD.
Anyway, 100% drop rate have code '20' in data (Double Head drop, and Lucia Blue Gate Rune) so let me search more info about drop :S

Edit : It seems the '20' is the item type code and not the drop rate : all crystals have code 20 so... I don't know where is drop rate in suikoden 2...
So, for Suikoden I, is it really drop rate ? I think yes, because values are pretty consistants, but I finally don't know if it's a code for a drop rate table or if it's a x/100 or if it's x/256, or any other thing...
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

We have the Item Digits for S2 if that helps. Due to the lots of different items in S2, they are addressed by 2 bytes instead of 1.

You are right, those two runes are 100% drops. Another one is the Pest Rat - Poison Rune. I thought, if you could determine the drop rate, we figure out whether a 100% drop is "64" or "FF". Apart from that, I have no idea except brutal testing in S1.
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Ok it's in hexa ^^'

FF is 100%

Double Head Spark Rune :
[ 44 20 | 00 00 | 00 00 ] ( <- drop 1 | drop 2 | drop 3 )
followed by :
[FF | 00 | 00] (<- what I supposed "drop rate 1 | drop rate 2 | drop rate 3" , it's just after the data above)

Lucia Blue Gate Rune :
[ 40 20 | 00 00 | 00 00 ][ FF | 00 | 00 ]

And since they have a '64' in their datas too, and at the same place -.- I searched another monster :

BonBon :
[01 C0 | 02 C0 | 06 C0 ] (they're antiques)
[0A | 05 | 02] (<- that confirmed me these were drop rates)

Moreover, BonBon has the '64' data at the same place than Lucia and Double Head so it wasn't drop rate, it's another data.

So, I think i just have to change my drop rates now xD
Anyway, thanks to have noticed this mistake
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Does any of you what is the drop rate of Suikoden 2 Neclordia's Master Garb? During my previous playthrough, i got 8 of it really fast. Recently when i started playing it again, i could'nt get any of it for a long time. I am thinking that monster drops are random.
Grade"A"Brassiere
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

I don't know if that could matter, but while I was testing to get some "peeing boys" from bandit C in sparrow pass.. I thought that it was definitly harder(not impossible, but most time is just hex doll and japanese dish stuff) to get it in some aera and easier in Mist Shade aera and I spended many hours to get it. I can't confirm about this, maybe I was simply unlucky.

What are you using to get these data?? You check out the number from the CD files?
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Yes I'm browsing CD files with an hexa editor like translhextion and after I try to find logic in data (not always easy).

For Antique rarity, that depends monster.
Let's take an example in suikoden 1,
Killer Rabbit in Seika area has the following antique as drops :
Hex Doll : 2.3%
Japanese Dish : 2.3%
Peeing Boy : 0.8%

So getting Peeing Boy is just a pain. Moreover, it's not only 0.8% ! It's 0.8% after the two other drops failed (it's truly 0.76% if we consider two first failures) .

Now, let's take the second monster which drop Peeing Boy : Ivy from Seek Valley or Dragon Knight area.
Hex Doll : 2.3%
Peeing Boy : 2.3%
Knight Statue : 0.8%

So you have 2.3% chance to get Peeing Boy against this monster (2.2% if we consider first drop as failure), it's "a lot" more. That's the same in Suikoden 2.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

These rates look much better :)

Of course, some monster can drop a certain loot with a higher percentage than other, especially when it comes to antiques. We have to consider two types of "failure drops":

1. The one you described: The first item is rolled. If it failes, the second one is rolled (if it exist, that is), and then the third. This would afflict two items with the same drop rate value actually with two different percentages.

or

2. There is always a roll like "random number out of 256" determines drop or no-drop. For example: 0-7 Hex Doll; 8-15 Japanes Dish; 16-17 Peeing Boy; 18-255 nothing.

You sure it's the first alternative?

And - in addition to that - there is a max of 1 loot per battle in this game. So, I suppose, once an enemy dropped an item, no other will. Of course, it could be the other way around as well: A drop is overwritten by another in the same battle). In this case, I suppose it's the former, which makes the Phero Rune for example even rarer, as people tend to kill the enemies in the front row first.