[Secret] Illusoriness Doors & Secret Room

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Celes
Global Admin

[Secret] Illusoriness Doors & Secret Room

Post by Celes »

In addition to the rumor of the hidden (and not existent) room in the Forest Village item shop, I tested a bit with a walk through walls code to clarify other mysteries.

I went into the Gregminster area, right before the final battle with Yuber, and - big surprise - it was all like it was left (Gregminster, Lenankamp, Rockland). You can't enter Gregminster under any circumstances, because there is a script that will kick you out of the city, even if you warp to any location of the city with this code.

I entered Magician's Island and as soon as I landed on the shore, Futch always takes the whole party "back" to Gregminster. If you happen to bring Cleo, Pahn or Gremio along, they are visible. Otherwise, only Tir and Ted are shown. The flight sequence with Black happens at night, like the one you'll see at the Dragon's Fortress. Back in Gregminster, I walked through the throne room in the back area, where you go at the end of the game normally. Surprisingly, the whole castle can be explored by daylight (bright colors, castle music, treasures and save crystal are missing), only the garden at the top shows a dark sky. One of the stairs is a one-way here, though, so there is no way out.

There is one additional room between two areas, which you can't reach normally, and it's not the one shown in the sequence when Ted meets Windy in the castle.

The secret room lies beyond this passage:

Two storied hall:

Upper floor:

Save crystal is not in the palace at daylight:

On the balcony:

Audience at beginning. No one is in mood to natter:

Like the item shop in the Great Forest, this door is just a dummy:

Moravia Castle, no treasure behind the mysterious last balcony:

Someone really ensured that you won't re-enter Toran Basement. There is no way back in either:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Secret] Illusoriness doors & Secret room

Post by KFCrispy »

mind sharing the walk through walls code?
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Wow, Celes is so much win.

<3 Celes.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It is merely a warp code:

8017 BD74 YYXX

Repleace XX and yy with the coordinates you want to warp to. For example 8017 BD74 0101 will put you in the upper left corner of every map. Turn this code off, and wander around. This way you can pass any walls and obstacles. You'll get used to the invisible grid on each map while playing with this code soon.
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

This might be interessant to see if it's possible to skip some story with this warp..

does there a cheat like this in SII? maybe there some other earlier recruit like LC. Chan and I would like to know if we can enter in the milich house.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

There is a walk through walls code for S2, you can probably find it at the codebreaker code creator club. And you can recruit LC Chan early with the Matilda movable gate bug.
oops

Post by oops »

Wow finally an answer to the problems, congrats on finally giving us a way to answer those peeps on the 'secret room' in the forrest village :)
Marsil79

Post by Marsil79 »

CelesDestiny were you able to compile the world map with the codes I gave you?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Yes I tried that. However I have to shrink in size the screens in order to assemble them.

Is currently set at the back of my timetable.