Stats Growth Characters Table

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Kobebrant

Re: Stats Growth Characters Table

Post by Kobebrant »

S1 starting stats are not uniform, but I still use the S2 engine to determine S1's final stats. So, yeah, average increments. I'm not even sure myself, because randomness is pretty much the only thing that can screw up stat rankings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic Bridesmaid Dresses|Black Junior Bridesmaid Dresses|Sheath Wedding Dresses|Maternity Wedding Dresses
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Ah, I get it now. So stats start to grow at Level 0 instead of Level 1, right? That's why the Level 1 stats are different!
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Do stats in Suikoden 1 have higher/lower value percentage chances like the other games do? For example, in Suikoden 2, an S-rank stat from levels 2 to 19 will grow from 4 - 5 with a 25% chance of the higher value. Or is is a simple 50/50 in S1 and the more complex formulas were coded for subsequent games.

I have been trying to do a statistical analysis of this game for 15 years. I have not had the success that some others have, but I have complied dozens of sets of stat spreads. In my countless playthroughs over the years, there tends to be very little variance in how a character's stats grow from playthrough to playthrough. Cleo's SKL, for example, will always end up in the 160s at level 60 and the high 180s to low 190s at level 99. There may be a few points' variance, but an even chance for low/high growth would result in varying results over multiple playthroughs. The fact that they tend to be so precise makes me think there are percentages but no one has found them yet.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Yes.

1. In Suikoden 1, initial stats are applied at level 0, but constant values are added to them to obtain the Level 1 stats; random variance is applied from Level 2 onwards.
2. In Suikoden 2 and 3, initial stats are applied at Level 1. This therefore makes Level 61 in Suikoden 1 a level higher than Level 61 in Suikoden 2.
3. In Suikoden 4, everyone starts off at Level 0, 0 in all stats, and 1 HP.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.