[Guide] Getting Your Characters to Lv 99 Easily

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Getting your characters to Lv 99 easily

Post by KFCrispy »

don't bother to post your stats if you are stat-pumping, it ruins the purpose of posting stats. with enough patience, a level 1 character can get max stats except for HP.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I said I used rune pieces for my final party, still you wanted me to post them. However, I never use any cheats or glitches like bribe tricks, Matilda glitch in S2 even less game shark codes or that sort. The rune pieces "trick" is very debatable (and it is in the forums here), and it was very likely not intended. Nevertheless, it wasn't fixed until S4.

Even the "join at lv 99 with McDohl at lv 1" trick could be considered as cheating/bug using.

I pumped McDohl and some others mainly for testing purposes, not to brag with it. In terms of S1, DEF, MAG and SPD can be farmed easily. It's up to you whether trying to max anything else by using this trick or not =)
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

No matter what you are still a Pro to me celes. By the way did you discover the Lv96 power leveling method on your own?

Oh and by the way i will post my natural Lv99 McDohl stats without any boost yet in afew days time.

Did you pump your McDohl or Riou stats to 255 in Suikoden 2 also Celes?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Thanx =)

Yes, I read about the "lv 79 trick" (at Shasarazade) and experimented with the exp system in various areas.

In terms of S2, I created the perfect file much later (one year ago) and distance myself from the stat stone trick here for the same reasons you mentioned earlier. The only stat stones that are not limited here are STR and MAG, and these will take a lot of time to obtain. After all, they increase the stats up to 3 points per stone, you can reload if you are not satisfied which is what I did. Yet I boosted Riou and Luc up to 255 for MAG only. Notice that it has to be done before they reach lv 99 here (at least 250 MAG for 9/9/7/5 MP), because MP are re-calculated only at level-ups.
Last edited by Celes on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

You cannot get 9/9/9/9 MP in Suikoden 2. The most is only up to 9/9/9/7 i think. And only Luc and Mazus can reach that level without using the Magic Stone.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

My mistake, it is 9/9/7/5 for S2 which you reach with 250 MAG base stat. I corrected that.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Actually i regretted not giving Riou and McDohl max MP for my Suikoden 2 "perfect" save. I somehow feel that making them too uber or super outstanding really ruin their role in the game. Riou has a weak magic even at lv99(only 1 Lv4 magic). While McDohl has more MP(4 lv4 magic) at lv99 naturally. Both of them are not true mage thats how i think. Giving them max MP make them out of balance..

Here is my McDohl without using any stats stone yet..http://ui03.gamefaqs.com/962/gfs_70304_2_4.jpg
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Riou can get 2 lvl 4 spells at level 55-60 half the time, it's just the luck of the draw.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Yes^^. But most of the time he only got a +2 or even a +1 increase in Magic stats. So its hard for him to get 2 level 4 spell without the help of afew Magic Stone. While McDohl get max increase in Magic at every level up. This is why he always get 4 Lv4 spell(sometime 3) at lv99.
Grade"A"Brassiere
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

By the way Celes which give more EXP? Moravia or Group of 4 soldier in Shasarazard?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It depends on the characters level and the party size. It's all in my first post.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Well my Pesmerga is at lv48 with Fortune rune he ended up at lv58+ at Moravia...i don't understand why he will earn more level at shasarazade which has lesser enemy..
Grade"A"Brassiere
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

By the way celes how did you manage your item in S2 for the perfect file? The warehouse in Suikoden 2 is so limited...there is no way to pack all item in it.
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

please keep this topic discussion about leveling in Suikoden I..
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Because the soldiers lv at Shasarazade is higher.

And please stay on topic here. I will send you a message about your other question.