[Guide] Getting Your Characters to Lv 99 Easily

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Getting your characters to Lv 99 easily

Post by Celes »

The list above has the answer: There is no way to power level Pahn beyond 65. It has to be done the hard way, which means 200 battles per level.

You can use the bribe trick for boss battles with mandatory chars of course. But I don't like cheating, and it is very well possible to beat them with just a few chars. And the chars you have to use, would be the ones from the "hard list", powered up with decent equipment, sacrificial buddhas and medicine, as well as chars like Sheena or Kuromimi who already joined at lv 99, if you did it like I suggested. Sheena indeed, is a great help with his lightning rune for Neclord, and almost impossible to kill with the addition of perfect equipment at this point. Kuromimi, who isn't a great mage at all, does still some nice healing with the flowing rune at his level. And you can use the other chars too, if you let them die before the battle ends, or if they are at least 2 levels away from the limitation.

Neclord is a bit tricky, as you have to stay low with McDohl, Viktor, Cleo and Hix. If you know the game, you can do it =)

celes
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Celes so you get past all the battle without using any Bribe Glitch?

It is not easy to keep McDohl at lv1. So recruiting Sheena and Kuromimi at lv99 is not so possible. I can only recruit Sheena at lv95.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Yes, I did. I never use the bribe glitch.

It is easy. Kill him in his first battle, and do not revive him until the duel with Kwanda.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

But how did you survive Kwanda duel Attack? A lv1 McDohl can't possibly survive that...

Secondly how did you get pass the Neclord fight? You need to kill off McDohl,Viktor,Cleo and Hix. These 4 characters are not suppose to get pass lv36 for perfect power level.
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

gradeAbra wrote:But how did you survive Kwanda duel Attack? A lv1 McDohl can't possibly survive that...

Secondly how did you get pass the Neclord fight? You need to kill off McDohl,Viktor,Cleo and Hix. These 4 characters are not suppose to get pass lv36 for perfect power level.
did you even read the article? you need luck against Kwanda, hope that he only Attacks once and defends or Desperate attacks the rest of the time, and you need to pump your defense as much as possible.

for the Neclord fight that leaves you with 2 more characters, so go wild with the 2.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Let me clear this up again. You don't have to beat Kwanda at lv 1, even if it is possible (a challenge if you like). You can recruit some chars with McDohl lv 1, and train him right before the first duel.

There are several ways of recruiting and building levels for all characters, so I listed them according to the best option, separately. You have to know the game very well, of course. Especially when and where you have the chance of recruiting.

celes
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Oh i forgotten that you can recruit Sheena and Kurumimi before fighting Kwanda. So after i recruit this 2 at lv99, i can go and level up myself.

I just finished fighting the Cystal Core. Damn its difficult. I have to time it right to get its HP to low and let him kill off McDohl, Flik, Humphrey and Millia. I am left with Valeria and Pahn to finish the job. I miss recruiting most character until i am lv high level.

And also there is a problem. When you first reach Moravia, Kasumi and Krin is with you. They will only leave after the Moravia mission. So does that mean if i want to power level every possible character, i cannot get 108 stars? Because at this point i still cannot recruit all character with a lv36 McDohl. Once Moravia mission is over, i cannot recruit Leon anymore.....
Grade"A"Brassiere
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Here's what the site says:
Note: If you wish to resurrect Gremio, you must receive the letter either the night before the mission at Moravia Castle or before the first major battle with Sonya Shulen's Army. Receiving the letter by the latter method will require you to make delivery immediately after the major battle at Shasarazade, before moving close to the entrance of Shasarazde's dungeon area.
You can still recruit Leon after Moravia.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Yes. I just did it. But it seems like there is no chance i can have McDohl alone again. From here on he will be company by one of the story char. Is there? I have not been play this game for awhile.

ANd also by the way how did you all survive the attack during the power leveling? I always got killed by the wolf and Soldier before my spell goes off.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

You are alone right after the Moravia mission.

Perfect equip is a must-have (Silver hat, Master garb, Crimson cape, Earth boots - all these things can be obtained even before Shazarazade), plus a bit of luck for evading at least one hit. You posted a video link yourself in this thread, with someone who has done it exactly the same way as I did.

celes
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Yes i may be alone after Moravia mission but there is no way to add in other character i will be forced to do the story mission.

And where did you get Silver hat, Master garb, Crimson cape, Earth boots at this point of time? You can't go round to hunt for these from enemy drops?
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

gradeAbra wrote:And where did you get Silver hat, Master garb, Crimson cape, Earth boots at this point of time? You can't go round to hunt for these from enemy drops?
dude just check out the guides. http://suikosource.com/games/gs1/guides/armor.php
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Ok i got it. Silver Hat is not available untill Gregminster in the end. It depends alot on luck to evade those powerful enemy.

And one more good discovery. I notice that if you power level with a Beast Master and 5x Hell Hound (lv 50), you will end up at lv95 with better stats boost than 2x Elite Soldier (lv 52), 1x Whip Master (lv 51) and 3x Hell Hound (lv 50). You will notice the big difference.
In another words, my Lv95 is much better than Lv96. See for yourself...And also if i ended up at Lv95 i can recruit Rubi at Lv99 exact!
Grade"A"Brassiere
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Level-up bonuses are completely random. One could say that you were either lucky to have higher stats at Level 95, or unlucky to have lower stats at Level 96.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

I tried it out a dozen of times already. Lv96 always ended up with lower stats. Lv95 would gerentee better stats.

I am wondering will your Lv hit back to lv1 after you level up again at Lv99?
Grade"A"Brassiere