Suikoden fan radio ~Formerly:Something on my mind...

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
LTM

Suikoden fan radio ~Formerly:Something on my mind...

Post by LTM »

Just something I've been thinking about doing for awhile. I was listening to some aol radio stations, and after seeing the Final Fantasy one, I thought for a bit and I think something I'd like to try and do in the near future is create some sort of Suikoden fan radio, for people to listen to for free and such. I'm not sure if I can legally do it, though I think other people have made video game radio stations before besides aol. I think Suikoden officially has enough music taking into account every album, including the original soundtracks and things like the celtic remixes etc etc. What do you guys think? Would it be cool to have a Suikoden radio station? Or has someone else all ready done it/no one cares enough? :lol:

Title specified by Oppenheimer
Quing

Re: Something on my mind...

Post by Quing »

I do believe that something like this used to exist, run by one of the people on this site, but every time I have attempted to go there, it isn't up, or something, so I think it's an ex-site. I'm not sure if it's the site's problem or my problem. In any event, I think such a thing would be pretty bisque. I don't know about its legality.
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden fan radio ~Formerly:Something on my mind...

Post by thcrock »

HowlingGuild (who owns this site) used to run "Vivi-Chan's Suikoden Internet Radio", which is exactly as you described. It was up for at least a few years, and I really enjoyed listening to it. I don't know why its closed now, but I do know that Internet Radio in general has taken some really nasty hits, at least in the United States, recently. Running an internet radio station is now very costly, much moreso than it was a couple years ago.
LTM

Post by LTM »

Oh I see. Hmmmm that is very disappointing. I guess that would explain why the previous radio did go down. I would assume music companies don't like their music being played for free over the internet. Is it that, or is there something else to it?

Btw, thanks Oppenheimer, sorry about not being specific enough.
genso19

Post by genso19 »

yeah that would be costly, with the bandwith limit and servers, it would hardly survive w/o donations unless the owner is really rich

but it would be good if there's one (I think konami must make it)
"Hey, listen up! These Godwin traitors got no respect for justice. And sure, sometimes justice is just a little word. But sometimes justice is three feet of sharp steel smashing in your face. Now, let's go get 'em!"