PSX Emulator questions and topics

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Trust you to come up with the one question I can't help you with, I'm sorry linkerman but I tried myself. The extra section you get is'nt anything special and if you ask a few questions around here you should be able to get all the extra scenes word for word. Well thanks for using my thread linkerman. Im glad I helped.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

Well .. u already make my dream come ture .. =)
Able to play my FAV game again is a dream of mine for a long time and i will not ask for more

Im actually tears out when im choosing my Hero Name " Riou " again ..
Thank you so much
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

It was my pleasure Linkerman. :D
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
abs

ttt

Post by abs »

thanks a lot sniper for that informatio. i think u help a lot in this site and in suikox as well
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Thanks abs, wow this thread is sticky now, very nice. Anyway as said any problems post them here or PM me here or on suikox.com. I have the same name so it wont be hard to find me.

Glad I helped.
LuXune

Post by LuXune »

Er would it work if i play the PSX emulator using the suikoden 2 (PAL) Disc?
If it doesn't work, where did u guys download the game from?
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

PAL and NTSC are determined by the BIOS file, you can select PAL on the configuration for BIOS. you can find out how to do this by the first post on this thread.

However NTSC BIOS is recommended and Im not sure if it will work properly or at all.
JDF

Re: PSX Emulator questions and topics

Post by JDF »

PSXFIN is much better emulator than EPSXE IMO. It's easier to use(don't need to configure anything just put bios file to bios folder) and emulates better. :)

Give it a try: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psx_em.html
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I'll be sure to give it a try. Sounds good.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

heh, i loaded up the emulator for my gf to play Suikoden II .. she stopped at around the Neclord events long ago. don't know where the data is so she's starting over now.
i followed the suggestions for the plug-in settings, but the video didn't come out well. i have a laptop... i ended up picking a different plug-in and used less demanding options or something.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Hmmm, I wish I could say I could help but I dont know how the settings would work with different OS's or even computers.

It seems to have worked for most people I gave the settings to. The Neclord part has a really annoying bug where the sound makes a screeching noise, which I tried to sort out but I could'nt figure out. However I just turned the volume off and saved then reloaded and it sorted the problem.

The CG portions are jumpy but not much. I dont understand if problems are coming up with the current settings with normal gameplay.

But to tell you the truth, I knew nothing about PSX emulators and simply tweaked around with the settings of the "best rated" drivers. Im sure you will find one that will work with your cpu with a bit of time. But as said Im not exactly sure how the drivers "work" so I cant fix any problems that I have'nt encountered personally. However trying different emulators may be a good idea. Wish I could help more.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well the problem with the video plug-in with its settings was some bad coloring on the main title page. i tried another plug-in afterwards and it was okay. i could play around but it's no big deal. :)
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Ah, I had a very simular problem, there was a problem with black sprites on the main title screen and battle sequences. Im glad you sorted it. Could you post the name of the driver.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

pete's openGL2 driver 2.7
.... unless you want a better quality, most of them are probably ok.
i use Texture Filtering option 5: Standard + smoothed Sprites
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

ah I see, another one of pete's drivers. I thought that sounded familiar. I got a number of plugins and drivers when I downloaded my emulator. I should probably give that one a try.

By the way if you get a chance to play S1 and it works, can you tell me the settings so I can add them to the main post becuase someone PM'ed me saying it wont work for S1. Which is a shame becuase you cant be a Suikoden fan without it.