Related Characters (5 vs prequels)

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Thor

Related Characters (5 vs prequels)

Post by Thor »

Hey guys,

During this work from home times, I just finished 1,2,3, and watched the Gaidens, and now before starting 5, I was wondering if there are
1. More recurring Characters in 5 than Jeane, Viki, Leknaat, George Prime, Killey and Lorelai?
2. I really liked Sanae, Emily, Lilly, and the Silverberg relatives in S3. Are there any parents or relatives in 5 (from characters in 1,2,3)?

Thanks so much!
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Related Characters (5 vs prequels)

Post by wataru14 »

Shun Min is in V (she's mentioned in II but is dead by that time). Hi Yo gets mentioned in her epilogue.
Valeria & Anita's swordmaster (Roundier Haia) is named in V but doesn't appear.
I don't think anyone else in V is related to anyone in other games. It takes place on an entirely different continent.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

There are no Silverbergs in S5 whatsoever (I never found out if there's any particular reason why they didn't include any Silverbergs)

Retso (Shun Min's father and one of the chefs you challenge in S2's cooking game) is recruitable as your main chef.

There is a female gun user similar to Clive, but she doesn't say much about the Howling Voice Guild.

There are also brief mentions of the painter Ivanov.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Thanks both!

The chef and Valeria’s mentioning is cool.
I don’t understand why they did not have more characters at least to be met. It was so rewarding to see Leepant as the leader of the Toran Republic. They should’ve showed at least some more characters.
Thanks
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You have a bit more connections to IV. One of the characters is a descendant of Pablo from IV, and one of the battleships is called Lino En Kuldes (and Chisato, a puppeteer, makes a play with some characters from IV). Also, you enter one location which belongs to the Island Nations, and when you enter a battle, the battle music from Suikoden IV plays (similar to the road to Gregminster with the first game's music).

One of the characters heavily alludes to Morgan being a former gladiator from Falena.

Zerase makes frequent allusions to the Night Rune.

You recruit two (former) Maximilian Knights.

That's pretty much it, I would say. I guess they avoided including too many allusions to make it more accessible to newcomers to the series, and yeah, it takes place on an entirely different continent at the other end of the world.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I assume the OP didn't like Suikoden 4, seeing as it had even less relation to the first three games than 5.