Rune of Punishment after SIV/Tactics Events

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: Rune of Punishment after SIV/Tactics Events

Postby sticky-runes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:52 am

veriaqa wrote:
And why he would try to remove the rune? The rune is in it forgiveness state, he can freely use the rune without any drawback whatsoever.

He might not want to live forever.

veriaqa

Postby veriaqa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 pm

sticky-runes wrote:
veriaqa wrote:
And why he would try to remove the rune? The rune is in it forgiveness state, he can freely use the rune without any drawback whatsoever.

He might not want to live forever.

Ah, the old "live forever/immortality is suck" reasoning.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:48 am

well i'm not writing a fan fiction novel, it was just one possible suggestion out of many things that could have happened in a century and a half. If you really want to know what Lazlo did with the Rune of Punishment go and fricking ask him.

veriaqa

Postby veriaqa » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:29 pm

sticky-runes wrote:well i'm not writing a fan fiction novel, it was just one possible suggestion out of many things that could have happened in a century and a half. If you really want to know what Lazlo did with the Rune of Punishment go and fricking ask him.

Ooooh, a very sensitive lad...

wataru14
Guide Writer

Postby wataru14 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:26 am

sticky-runes wrote:I guess another possibility is that Lazlo becomes Lino's heir (Kika suggests this during an in-battle dialogue in Tactics) and ends up ruling Obel and leading the Island Nations

This bothers me. I really feel for Flare if that is the case. She's Lino's firstborn, she's a natural leader, she's been groomed for rule all her life, and then some mute Justin Bieber lookalike pops up out of nowhere and she gets shoved in the back so he can inherit everything (that he may not even have a legit claim to). She was on the ground floor helping the people of Obel under Kooluk occupation while he was sailing around with Big Daddy F**kboi and drunk Susan Sarandon. Suikoden 1 at least had the decency to have any other candidates for leadership bow out early. But Flare does get a puppet show that credits her with defeating Brandeau when she wasn't actually there. I'm sure that's much better than being queen.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Flare would be a better choice to carry on her dad's work. After the Islands war she takes the initiative to join Kyrill on his mission into Kooluk so she can learn about the country and how the people have functioned after losing the war. She seems interested in learning about the world beyond the Island Nations and realizes that things are not all black and white, so she's actually absorbing all of the things she's seeing and gaining knowledge that might greatly help her as a future queen.
Lazlo joins because he's got nothing else to do and Lino said to help 'em out.

Flare was also strongly against Setsu's demand for Lazlo to use the Rune Of Punishment to protect Obel, so maybe she came up with a plan to ensure the Islands wouldn't ever resort to using the ROP for war ever again.

veriaqa

Postby veriaqa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:51 pm

wataru14 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:I guess another possibility is that Lazlo becomes Lino's heir (Kika suggests this during an in-battle dialogue in Tactics) and ends up ruling Obel and leading the Island Nations

This bothers me. I really feel for Flare if that is the case. She's Lino's firstborn, she's a natural leader, she's been groomed for rule all her life, and then some mute Justin Bieber lookalike pops up out of nowhere and she gets shoved in the back so he can inherit everything (that he may not even have a legit claim to). She was on the ground floor helping the people of Obel under Kooluk occupation while he was sailing around with Big Daddy F**kboi and drunk Susan Sarandon. Suikoden 1 at least had the decency to have any other candidates for leadership bow out early. But Flare does get a puppet show that credits her with defeating Brandeau when she wasn't actually there. I'm sure that's much better than being queen.

It doesn't matter whether she's the firstborn or not. She's a she. The throne is Lazlo's birthright, because I believe Falena is the only Queendom in suikoverse. Even The Kingdom of Britain had the same rule and only recently they change that.

But, I agree, Flare is a better candidate to rule The Island Nations.

wataru14
Guide Writer

Postby wataru14 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:13 pm

veriaqa wrote:It doesn't matter whether she's the firstborn or not. She's a she. The throne is Lazlo's birthright, because I believe Falena is the only Queendom in suikoverse. Even The Kingdom of Britain had the same rule and only recently they change that.

But, I agree, Flare is a better candidate to rule The Island Nations.

Who says the Obel and the Island Nations have male-only succession? We have no idea what succession rules are in Suikoverse monarchies besides Falena. Jillia Blight says something about being a powerless woman, so it might work that way in Highland (if that's what she even meant), but we have no evidence in-game that succession is generally male-only across the board.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:48 pm

It's not stated anywhere that Obel doesn't do incest either, so maybe Flare and Lazlo tie the knot and rule over the Islands as queen and king :wink: :mrgreen:

Return to “General Suikoden Discussion”