Gorudo's Bad Mood

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Silverberg

Gorudo's Bad Mood

Post by Silverberg »

Not that I haven't played Suikoden II two dozen times, but I've never gone back to Rockaxe castle to get the recipe and thunder rune from there after you overthrow Knightdom. Guess I've never thought about it. Soldier outside Gorudo's office gives you a thunder rune and the bookcase has a nice steak recipe (cause you can't figure out how to grill a steak without a recipe)

But jeez, no wonder Gorudo is such a jerk. Can you imagine how annoying it would be having to follow that path every day on your way to your office? That can't be easy for a hefty older gentleman such as himself.

Think about it. He's taking the 20 minutes to walk to his office, and there are these brats loitering in the halls when he's so close to making it. I'd probably order my crew to pelt them with arrows too. The man just wants to drink his coffee and check his stocks in peace.

Get that man a Viki and a blinking mirror for crying out loud.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
sticky-runes

Re: Gorudo's Bad Mood

Post by sticky-runes »

If you remember when Miklotov and Camus betray Gorudo, he disappears behind a curtain behind his throne. So its likely he has lots of shortcuts located around the castle. And there are a lot of doors that can't be accessed for the sake of making the castle into a long dungeon level.

Although frankly Gorudo could use the exercise.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Or may be he does some earthbending with the earth rune and makes doors and automathic stairs on the spot.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

Regarding fleeing his throne room; clearly he couldn't handle the pressure of his job so he hid in the "bushes".
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"