Any modding community?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Iecerint

Any modding community?

Post by Iecerint »

I'm thinking about replaying the series again soon, but think the series could really benefit from a difficulty patch, especially for Suikoden V. Suikoden I/II are really quick to play such that the difficulty doesn't bother me, and Suikoden III rewards tactical choices at multiple points such that it's fine as-is, but Suikoden V feels slow and braindead-easy despite being an amazing game. (I did have a lot of fun with a minimal-recruitment playthrough of Suikoden V once, which made parts of the game pretty challenging, including the last dungeon and some of the RTS battles.)

I thought I'd try asking here. Other cult games develop huge modding communities, so it's a little strange that Suikoden never seemed to.

If anyone has come up with a fun way to add difficulty to Suikoden 5 in particular in a way that doesn't end up feeling contrived (e.g., something like "no blacksmith" that would just make random battles a chore), I'd also love to hear about it.

Just feeling really nostalgic at the moment. Long-time (~15 year?) lurker here.
STARWIN

Re: Any modding community?

Post by STARWIN »

One of my plans is to document offsets from Suikoden games for modders. At first I thought about making an editor, but the tools necessary for changing offsets in files within the image exist already and I kind of prefer to focus on what matters. Not right now though. And I'll be starting with the earlier games before exploring PS2 tech, for certain.

I don't know if there are others.