Queens of Suikoden

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Queens of Suikoden

Post by sticky-runes »

While the UK is celebrating Elizabeth II's 90th birthday, lets pay tribute to the queens of Suikoden!

Arshtat Falenas
Married to Ferid, winner of the sacred games, and bore two children, Freyadour and Lymsleia. When an uprising occurred in the queendom, she took possession of the Sun Rune and evaporated Lordlake's water supply to teach her disloyal subjects a lesson. The sun rune gradually corrupted her mind to the point that she killed her husband and nearly destroyed the Sun Palace along with her children, until she was stabbed in the back by Ferid's most trusted Knight Georg Prime.

Empress Claudia
Married to Barbarossa, last emperor of the Scarlet Moon Empire, she died without baring him any children. During his grief, Barbarossa was comforted by the presence of the Imperial court magician, Windy, who bore a striking resemblance to Claudia, and used it along with her magic to gain power and plunge the Empire into Chaos.

Sara Blight
Married to King Agares blight, she bore him a son named Luca. One day Sara and Luca were captured by thugs from the state of Jowston, and Agares ran off to get help from the palace while his wife and son were at the mercy of the thugs. Sara was raped in front of her son during captivity. The queen and prince were rescued by Highland soldiers, and it was discovered that Sara was pregnant. She died after giving birth to a daughter, Jillia, whom Agares raised as his own. Luca, traumatized by his mother's ordeal, grew up very bitter towards his father and the enemy state, and became hellbent on revenge.

Queen of Obel
Married to Lino en Kuldes, she bore a daughter and a son. She once came into possession of the True Rune or Punishment, which she discovered in the ruins close to the Obel palace.The Rune of Punishment offered tremendous power at the cost of the bearer's life. The queen of Obel managed to live peacefully in spite of the rune's presence, until she and her children were attacked at sea by a large number of pirates. Fearing for her family and kingdom, the queen unleashed the Rune of Punishment to kill the pirates. Sadly she died shortly afterwards and the rune passed on to another host to continue its destructive rampage, and her son was also lost at sea.

Miranda of Kooluk
Married to Martin, son of emperor Julius, she bore him a daughter named Corselia. The marriage grew cold, and Miranda was seduced by the charms of Iskas, a member of the Patriarchal faction with ambitions to take over the Kooluk empire using the power of the Evil Eyes. A weak willed woman, Miranda stood by Iskas as his abominations caused the deaths of her husband and father in law. Finally Miranda stood up to Iskas and stabbed him with a knife, but he survived and slew her with his magic staff in front of her daughter.

.... Man, being a queen sucks in Suikoden. I hope Lymsleia makes it to a ripe old age!
Antimatzist

Re: Queens of Suikoden

Post by Antimatzist »

I always hated how Suikoden IV does not name minor characters (The Governor? Cray's son? Queen of Obel?)

Can we consider Lucia queen of Karaya? It's not a monarchy, but it's also not a democracy and Hugo being her successor leads to the assumption that it's working similar to a monarchic system.

Oh, and of course Queen herself .:D
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

yeah sure, a chieftain can be queen. Shall we add Susu while we're at it?

Yeah it's annoying how those S4 characters don't have names. We learn the name of Paula's mother Romina, yet we don't know the name of Lino's wife and Flare's mother? (not to mention the mother of the main character himself) Same with Rikie's husband/Rakgi's father. It seems fair enough that those characters would refer to them in past tense as "my wife/my husband/my mother/my father" but there should have been official names that Konami released to the public, like with the heroes' official names.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well, I've only just found out that Prince died today. suppose I'll have to start a thread featuring Frey, Lazlo and Luca now. :roll:
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

sticky-runes wrote:.... Man, being a queen sucks in Suikoden. I hope Lymsleia makes it to a ripe old age!
Ahh, something to add to my Suikoden World Survival Guide…
- Stay away from True Runes!
- Following Pesmerga will make sure you’re far away from Yuber
- Flint, Oil Rag, Fork, Rope
- Don’t pass Two River Wingers District
- Stay away from Luca Blight, *oink*
- Sacrificial Jizo, Mega Medicine, Escape Talisman, …
- Don’t drink “special” tea
- Stay away from monarchs (thanks sticky!)
sticky-runes wrote:Well, I've only just found out that Prince died today. suppose I'll have to start a thread featuring Frey, Lazlo and Luca now. :roll:
RIP Prince, excellent underrated guitarist, great composer, singer and dancer, incredible talent
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:I always hated how Suikoden IV does not name minor characters (The Governor? Cray's son? Queen of Obel?)

Can we consider Lucia queen of Karaya? It's not a monarchy, but it's also not a democracy and Hugo being her successor leads to the assumption that it's working similar to a monarchic system.

Oh, and of course Queen herself .:D
Although Queen's just her alias, there's a rumor she's actually Jillia. Queen from SIII is from Highland as well, according her bio here. So if she's not Jillia herself, there's a good chance she might be related to the Royal Family, in some kind of way.

And I always wondered if Governor's name is actually "Governor".
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
And I always wondered if Governor's name is actually "Governor".
Governor Governor? Well, they do have a warlock named Warlock, so...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote: Governor Governor? Well, they do have a warlock named Warlock, so...

And a Window, who is a Window Maker as well.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Apple is also an apple :P
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Back on topic please? I already started a separate topic about characters with crap names.
Belle

Post by Belle »

If Lucia counts, how about Sana?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

The only queen I like is Arshtat
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

If things played out differently in Highland and Jowston, do you think Jillia would of made a good queen if it came to it?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

AlOnZo wrote:If things played out differently in Highland and Jowston, do you think Jillia would of made a good queen if it came to it?

Why not? She seems to be a low-profile individual.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

AlOnZo wrote:If things played out differently in Highland and Jowston, do you think Jillia would of made a good queen if it came to it?
Interesting question, and worth delving into.

Klaus seemed quite optimistic that Jillia could bring about peace between Jowston and Highland. He and Kiba probably would have seen it as a chance to return home and restore their honor as members of the Highland army.

Though Jillia probably wouldn't see herself as worthy of ruling Highland. She stood by quietly as the men controlled her fate and the kingdom and made all the decisions. i'm not sure how she would respond to the pressure of becoming queen. a lot of Highlanders probably would argue that she was not a legitimate royal, as well. That can cause all kinds of upsets. She might even be seen as a puppet queen.