Indiscriminate Recruitment

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Celes
Global Admin

Indiscriminate Recruitment

Post by Celes »

Credit: Life in Aggro
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Indiscriminate Recruitment

Post by Sasarai10 »

Who is the last guy with the paperclips? I don't remember such a person in SII.

Also Sierra and Kahn don't join together at the same time (they are around #91-98 when it comes to recruitment order)? And Rikimaru is before Sierra for sure.

Nice drawings though.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

That's Tesla the scrivener, dude. He's just underselling himself a little, so he doesn't have to go into his criminal background.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'm missing the point entirely.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

Since when was Tesla an Elf? I thought Kahn had longer hair than shown in that comic strip.
A raw tomato for the win!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Tesla was always an elf. He just kept the points of his ears hidden in the games.

Kahn's hair was longer in the game, but it wasn't supposed to be. A little know fact is that Neclord's assault on Tinto was a false flag engineered by Shu, and the crisis actor who played Kahn refused to cut his hair for the role. This artist obviously read the original script.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Pyriel wrote:That's Tesla the scrivener, dude. He's just underselling himself a little, so he doesn't have to go into his criminal background.

I assume you are kidding. This is definetely not Tesla,not even a Suikoden character.

I don't recall any character using paperclips whether he/she was an elf or not. :roll:
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The paperclip elf only appears in S1, upstairs in the forest village item shop if I remember correctly.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Pyriel wrote:That's Tesla the scrivener, dude. He's just underselling himself a little, so he doesn't have to go into his criminal background.

I assume you are kidding. This is definetely not Tesla,not even a Suikoden character.

I don't recall any character using paperclips whether he/she was an elf or not. :roll:
Then you missed Clippy, the optional SoD in Suikoden II. He's really easy to miss, though, most people didn't get him.

I already know that comic and think it's really funny.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I'm confused. :roll:

Seriously only character i see a resemblance by some degree,is Paula from SIV. Elf and green clothes,but nothing more.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

How have you never heard of the bearer of the True Rune of Metal Binding, more commonly called "The Swingline"? Are you a fan or what?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I thought it was just the True Rune of Metal. It's 4th level spell ("Rainbow in the Dark") has a really cool spell animation.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

That was actually a localization issue. They mistook the, "Dio", in, "Dio King of Metal Rune", as a transliteration of the Italian word for God, and assumed incorrectly that it was one of the True Runes. If you look in the game files, there's actually a second copy of it with some test spells attached, that they called the, "God-king of Met". I don't know if they were playing around with it or what, but when it came to the copy that's actually used, they just shortened it to, "True Metal", so it would fit. Pesmerga doesn't actually have a True Rune in his hidden head-slot, though.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

wataru14 wrote:I thought it was just the True Rune of Metal. It's 4th level spell ("Rainbow in the Dark") has a really cool spell animation.
Omg I love that name (and concept). i mean it doesn't even have to be the TR of Metal, but just throw in all these references.

Lvl. 1 - Painkiller: Restores status effects on all party members
Lvl. 2 - Child of Time: Heals one party member or revives him
Lvl. 3 - Court of the Crimson King (falsely localized as "Red Judge"): Instant Death and/or damage
Lvl. 4 - Rainbow in the Dark: Heals all party members and deals massive damage

When the rune animation starts, the first few chords of each song are played (or in Painkiller's case the drums). DO IT KONAMI
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Well Suikoden has already its own "King of Metal" which's nobody else than Moroon.