Ever wondered who are those characters that appear on Suikoden I NTSC Version?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Chinafans

Re: Ever wondered who are those characters that appear on Suikoden I NTSC Version?

Post by Chinafans »

:mrgreen: pesmerga is shadow!!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Ever wondered who are those characters that appear on Suikoden I NTSC Version?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Chinafans wrote::mrgreen: pesmerga is shadow!!!!
Then why he appears in men's bath by default?

"
BrucePrintscreen wrote:Pesmerga is not important enough to be depicted on the box. It is likely the two females on this artwork are generic representations and were not inspired by any character in particular.
Personally i believe they are Windy-Leknaat since they are one of the most important characters in the game.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

The cover is horrendous with the exception of the dark haired, gypsy sultress.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Personally i believe they are Windy-Leknaat since they are one of the most important characters in the game.
That's probably the case. A poor rendition but an attempt anyway.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

AlOnZo wrote:The cover is horrendous with the exception of the dark haired, gypsy sultress.
You mean Windy?

Yeah they made her look 10 times hotter than she actually is.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Another thing about that time period is that inspiration—otherwise known as "plagiarism"—was fairly widespread. It wouldn't surprise me if they just grabbed publicity shots for movies that vaguely resembled things from the game, and used those as models. If I remember right, one of the Megaman covers (maybe one of the ones above) was nothing but a movie poster, redrawn with a few alterations.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

THat could explain the Kyle MacLachlan lookalike!