9 true runes remain?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
ENDmyinitials

9 true runes remain?

Post by ENDmyinitials »

If you guys were to guess the remaining true runes, what would they be? From what I know there are 9 of them missing.

List of known true runes:

Suikoden
## Dragon Rune
## Gate Rune
## Night Rune
## Rune of Life and Death (Soul Eater)
## Sovereign Rune
## True Wind Rune

Suikoden II
## Beast Rune
## Eight Section Rune
## Moon Rune
## Rune of Beginning

Suikoden III
## True Earth Rune
## True Fire Rune
## True Lightning Rune
## True Water Rune

Suikoden IV
## Rune of Punishment

Suikoden V
## Sun Rune

And Circle rune and the rune of change.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: 9 true runes remain?

Post by Sasarai10 »

About Gate Rune,Rune of Beginning and Sun Rune....maybe Front/Back Bright Shield/Black Sword and Dawn/Twilight Runes count as true runes as well? If that's so,then we have 24 by now.

Well i assume other characters who bear a True Rune might be Zerase and Jeane. Otherwise how do they keep their youthful appearance? Eresh could bear a True Rune as well,and Raura as well. Maybe Raura is as mysterious as the other 3 yet often overlooked. But how many people in Suikoden world have the ability to make Rune Scrolls? Only her and Hortez. Perhaps he might be Raura's student. So i guess she might bear some True Rune that gives her the ability to make Rune Scrolls.

As for Jeane,there are rumors about Jeane bearing the Rune of Change. Makes sense since Jeane appeared in various locations. Although she's never mentioned about Sindar as far as i remember. Another possibility might be Eresh bearing the Rune of Change,and Jeane bearing a higher version of Charm Rune that doesn't appear in-game.

And as for Zerase she might be bearing a higher form of Star Rune that doesn't appear in-game too.

So now we have 27/27.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Konami has confirmed in the past that Jeane does not have a True Rune.

And the Front/Black, Sword/Shield, and Dawn/Twilight do not count as part of the 27. Suikoden V outright states Dawn and Twilight are not True Runes, I believe.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:Konami has confirmed in the past that Jeane does not have a True Rune.

And the Front/Black, Sword/Shield, and Dawn/Twilight do not count as part of the 27. Suikoden V outright states Dawn and Twilight are not True Runes, I believe.
Then how she keeps her youthful appearance? If Jeane exists since SIV events then something strange is going on.

Either she has the ability to travel in time like Viki.....or those Jeanes are different people,related with each other,and "Jeanes" are a whole damn family of Rune Mistresses sharing the same name.

So now we have only 18 Runes. If that's so it means Suikoden series isn't finished yet. Those 9 TR should be revealed.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Sasarai10 wrote:or those Jeanes are different people,related with each other,and "Jeanes" are a whole damn family of Rune Mistresses sharing the same name.
I'm pretty sure Murayama has already said this was it.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:

Makes sense but why Richmond and Oboro when they investigate them (?), they feel scared? Also Koroku was supposed to be able to see one of those Jeane's true form.

Something is wrong here.

Well most possible explanation would probably be those Jeanes since they bear this Charm Rune can take the form of an attractive lady. But in fact they are as ugly as monsters to the point they look scary in their true forms.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Sasarai10 wrote:
wataru14 wrote:

Makes sense but why Richmond and Oboro when they investigate them (?), they feel scared? Also Koroku was supposed to be able to see one of those Jeane's true form.

Something is wrong here.

Well most possible explanation would probably be those Jeanes since they bear this Charm Rune can take the form of an attractive lady. But in fact they are as ugly as monsters to the point they look scary in their true forms.
I believe Jeane is an ugly being, and uses her charm to attract customers, but the question is why? Maybe to make money, or to keep her species in business, or perhaps is Jeane something more than that...Can she possible be the first incarnation of a rune turned into a human? Possibly the rune of change. I understand it's been confirmed that she doesn't have a rune, but they never said that she wasn't a rune herself.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Some day question about Jeane's true form should be revealed by Konami. It's been since SII when Jeane's mystery showed up (In SI she was just a recruitable Rune Mistress). 17 years.

Why they still keep it a secret?