How would you make it?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
ENDmyinitials

How would you make it?

Post by ENDmyinitials »

If you were hired by konami, and tasked with the assignment to developed a new suikoden game entitled suikoden 6. This game must take place after the story of suikoden 3. It can start anywhere in the suikoden world. What would your story be about(short plot summary)? Where would your story take place? What's the hero's background, and how does he/she tie to the whole plot of the story? which recurring characters from pervious suikoden games will appear? What kingdoms are invovled? And what rune is the main focus?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: How would you make it?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Obviously it'll be Tinto-Zexen war i suppose. Of course there would be many recurring characters from S3 and from S2 as well. Like The Three Lampdragon Bandits,Marlowe and Bolgan as well (he was from Zexen). I'd also make a fine change here. I'd make Marlowe a grown strong warrior (unlike the wimpy bookworm guy he was in S2) and i'd make Bolgan an educated guy who speaks formally (he loved studying in S2). Perhaps I'd include Ellie and Rina too,in order to not mess the #27,#29.#31 SoD trio. And of course this time i'll include Pesmerga and Yuber in the SAME side. They will be the last 2 recruits,and they would have a killer Unite attack together. Pesmerga will confront Yuber and beat him once and for all. Then a looooong dialogue about their full backstory kicks in,and Yuber agrees to join your side.

As for the main hero....well i would choose Thomas. I can't think of any other new hero right now,so i will make Thomas a hero. He didn't have the role of the hero in S3 even if he was a Tenkai,so i guess he deserves it here. He's from Zexen too.

Dunno who were the bad guys here but i assume Tinto were,since they were generally more agressive as it seems.

As for a true Rune...maybe Sovereign Rune? Its current whereabouts are unknown,and there is no current bearer. So i guess it could be ideal. Of course the ability of turning into a 3-headed Dragon and being immune to all Runes will be blocked,otherwise it would be a game-crasher. But you can unlock the latter as a bonus if you gather all 108 stars i guess.

Sounds good?

edit: And yeah,guess who will be the main antagonist here. Lilly!

Since Tinto are the bad guys here,Lilly would be the main antagonist.

And the rest of antagonists obviously are: Reed,Samus,Gijimu,Lo Wen,Koyu and Marlowe.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sasarai10 wrote:edit: And yeah,guess who will be the main antagonist here. Lilly!
I honestly feel like punching you in the face right now. Lilly is not evil, ok? :oops: :|
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

If I was going to make a Suikoden Game in that time period, the only thing I would do would be to end the story. It would be a conflict between Harmonia and the Nameless Lands (since they've been teasing us about them since Suikoden 2). During this game we would finally find out why Harmonia wants the True Runes and to what end they hope to use them. All other storylines could be answered in potential later games that are set at other places around the timeline. But since a future game would not be guaranteed, I would definitely wrap up the overarching story just in case.

The hero would be a young Nameless Lander who is swept up in the war when Harmonia invades his homeland. But as he fights against them he finds out that their reason for collecting the True Runes is justified, and he then has to switch sides and help his former enemy enslave his own people to prevent some kind of cataclysmic tragedy.

Returning characters: all the known True Rune bearers (which would require a Dragon Age Keep-style world state builder since there is no set canon as to who holds every Rune), Yuber, Pesmerga, Jeane, Viki, Viktor, Flik, Killey, Lorelai. Hikusaak would finally physically appear.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote: I honestly feel like punching you in the face right now. Lilly is not evil, ok? :oops: :|
Peace bro.

First of all Lilly's not evil by default indeed. Like Jowy wasn't evil as well. But keep in mind True Runes change bearer's personality by a major degree. So if Lilly bears a True Rune she might change.

By the way,did you expect Luc to be a major antagonist in the 3rd game whilst in the first 2 games he was a calm low-profile guy?

I don't think most people would expect him to turn into a bad guy,and even cooperating with Yuber...so it'd be no surprise to me if Lilly becomes an antagonist.

wataru14 wrote:If I was going to make a Suikoden Game in that time period, the only thing I would do would be to end the story. It would be a conflict between Harmonia and the Nameless Lands (since they've been teasing us about them since Suikoden 2). During this game we would finally find out why Harmonia wants the True Runes and to what end they hope to use them. All other storylines could be answered in potential later games that are set at other places around the timeline. But since a future game would not be guaranteed, I would definitely wrap up the overarching story just in case.

The hero would be a young Nameless Lander who is swept up in the war when Harmonia invades his homeland. But as he fights against them he finds out that their reason for collecting the True Runes is justified, and he then has to switch sides and help his former enemy enslave his own people to prevent some kind of cataclysmic tragedy.

Returning characters: all the known True Rune bearers (which would require a Dragon Age Keep-style world state builder since there is no set canon as to who holds every Rune), Yuber, Pesmerga, Jeane, Viki, Viktor, Flik, Killey, Lorelai. Hikusaak would finally physically appear.
How about Kanakan as well? There were many references about Kanakan but we never saw it appear at any Suikodne game.

Actually another good idea would be the ability to wander through the entire Suikoden world. From Harmonia to Falena.

Also in this version of yours will you include a final duel between Pesmerga and Yuber or the revelation of Jeane's true nature?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Sasarai10 wrote:Also in this version of yours will you include a final duel between Pesmerga and Yuber or the revelation of Jeane's true nature?
Yes. I hate leaving thins unresolved and these are the two biggest dangling character-based items that I can think of. I would make this game like there was never going to be another (just in case there wasn't), so I would try to wrap up as much as possible. I hate leaving things unfinished and this world needs closure.

Kanakan would be cool, but we NEED to see Harmonia. It's been teased for far too long. The other option I guess would be the Suikoden version of WWII: where Harmonia goes on an all-out assault and it takes an alliance of all the nations (Toran, Dunan, Tinto, Zexen, Grasslands, Nameless Lands, Kanakan, Island Nations, Gaien, Falena, Zelant, Nagarea, and New Armes) to oppose them.

I would also have a female Tenkai. Just because I think it's time.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I like the idea of all the nations uniting against Harmonia. But I would still like that to be saved for another sequel. I would like the next game or two to focus on countries we haven't seen yet, Kanakan, Gaien, Zelant, Negarea etc. I wouldn't want to see everything shoved into one game.

I think it would be worth having the next game partially set in Harmonia, and perhaps while we're there we get the chance to explore a library or something that contains their knowledge of the True Runes that they've been gathering and researching for centuries, and these books contain stories relating to all the other games, and some incidents we don't know about. This place can also reveal a true map or globe of the Suikoden world. This way, long time fans of the series can finally see what the world is supposed to look like, and its also a good intro for newcomers to the series.

Maybe it could start off with two of these unseen nations (lets just say Gaien and Zelant, for example) starting to wage war over possession of a true rune or True Runes we haven't seen yet, and then a Harmonian faction decides to stick their nose in. It would be cool to bring back the multiple scenario format from S3, so we follow one character who is, lets say, a scholar on a mission from Harmonia to investigate True Runes, a second character who is a duke's son from Gaien and a third character who is a princess from Zalent.

There'll be sea battles and land battles galore, as well as some funky ancient/advanced Sindar technology being unearthed and used to retrieve the True Rune/s. This can be a chance to bring in Alex and Hilda's son Pete grown up into an Indiana Jones type adventurer and traveling with his own little gang of treasure hunters, and they get into all kinds of trouble and end up trying to prevent the Sindar devices from being used for war. And lets throw in some naval forces lead by the children of Skald Egan to engage in some legendary sea combat.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:Also in this version of yours will you include a final duel between Pesmerga and Yuber or the revelation of Jeane's true nature?
Yes. I hate leaving thins unresolved and these are the two biggest dangling character-based items that I can think of. I would make this game like there was never going to be another (just in case there wasn't), so I would try to wrap up as much as possible. I hate leaving things unfinished and this world needs closure.

Kanakan would be cool, but we NEED to see Harmonia. It's been teased for far too long. The other option I guess would be the Suikoden version of WWII: where Harmonia goes on an all-out assault and it takes an alliance of all the nations (Toran, Dunan, Tinto, Zexen, Grasslands, Nameless Lands, Kanakan, Island Nations, Gaien, Falena, Zelant, Nagarea, and New Armes) to oppose them.

I would also have a female Tenkai. Just because I think it's time.

Indeed,after all it was supposed the end of the series would come once the duel between Pesmerga and Yuber occured.

As for a female Tenkai,yeah it would be cool...but no mute Tenkais anymore please. SIII gave a good example about it.
sticky-runes wrote: Maybe it could start off with two of these unseen nations (lets just say Gaien and Zelant, for example) starting to wage war over possession of a true rune or True Runes we haven't seen yet, and then a Harmonian faction decides to stick their nose in. It would be cool to bring back the multiple scenario format from S3, so we follow one character who is, lets say, a scholar on a mission from Harmonia to investigate True Runes, a second character who is a duke's son from Gaien and a third character who is a princess from Zalent.
So basically it would be another S3 right? Then who's supposed to be a Tenkai this time? Thomas again?
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

I would make my story take place in the zeleant kingdom. I will be following Albert silverbreg who knows the method on how to summon yuber from leon. albert and yuber would play a major role as the primary antagonists. My plot would focus on the the growing power of zelant as they try to unify the entire continet by brute force. The man beind the stratigic warfare is Albert. Zelant is known for being a strong military kingdom, but before Albert arrived they didn't have someone who could help them with stratigic points on how to unify the land. (regarding on how the runes would fit into the story is still a work in progress) Pesmerga will play a major role in this game. The Lindwurm Mercenary Brigade will make an apperance, some characters from suikoden 5, and 3 would also appear. The hero i was thinking of making him appear from the multiverse of suikoden. I want to make him appear from a different universe (or something like that).
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
So basically it would be another S3 right? Then who's supposed to be a Tenkai this time? Thomas again?
Thomas would likely be living comfortably in his castle, possibly holding hands with Cecile. I don't think he'd want to wander halfway across the world to solve some other conflict.

But the Tenkai could be a Thomas-like character, as in the person who provides the HQ for our united characters. Heck, I mentioned wanting to see an older Pete, so perhaps it could be Pete himself who discovers a Sindar ruin which becomes our base. This sort of scenario could play out like a cross between Alex taking us into the Sindar ruins in 2 and Zweig helping us discover the Ceras Lake castle in 5. But it would be kinda cool to have a kid from a previous game being a Tenkai star in a future game.

Either that or we get another ship HQ like in 4, and this ship could belong to a Tenkai Star who is one of the descendants of Skald Egan.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Since I don't have nothing pretaining to our suikoden 4 demake project, I decided to make my own custom suikoden look alike sprites using the work computer. And I created albert and a new yuber look. I personally believe these guys new to be the main focus.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
Thomas would likely be living comfortably in his castle, possibly holding hands with Cecile. I don't think he'd want to wander halfway across the world to solve some other conflict.

But the Tenkai could be a Thomas-like character, as in the person who provides the HQ for our united characters. Heck, I mentioned wanting to see an older Pete, so perhaps it could be Pete himself who discovers a Sindar ruin which becomes our base. This sort of scenario could play out like a cross between Alex taking us into the Sindar ruins in 2 and Zweig helping us discover the Ceras Lake castle in 5. But it would be kinda cool to have a kid from a previous game being a Tenkai star in a future game.

Either that or we get another ship HQ like in 4, and this ship could belong to a Tenkai Star who is one of the descendants of Skald Egan.
How about both a ship and a castle as well? In SI,SII,SV games you were able to control a ship but you couldn't get in. In SVI (IF it ever happens....) you could get in and talk with some characters stationed there.

And yeah Pete sounds good as a Tenkai. But you were supposed to play Pete's storyline first,right?

ENDmyinitials wrote:Since I don't have nothing pretaining to our suikoden 4 demake project, I decided to make my own custom suikoden look alike sprites using the work computer. And I created albert and a new yuber look. I personally believe these guys new to be the main focus.

Why Yuber in red?
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:

How about both a ship and a castle as well? In SI,SII,SV games you were able to control a ship but you couldn't get in. In SVI (IF it ever happens....) you could get in and talk with some characters stationed there.

And yeah Pete sounds good as a Tenkai. But you were supposed to play Pete's storyline first,right?

ENDmyinitials wrote:Since I don't have nothing pretaining to our suikoden 4 demake project, I decided to make my own custom suikoden look alike sprites using the work computer. And I created albert and a new yuber look. I personally believe these guys new to be the main focus.

Why Yuber in red?
He had dark green in suikoden 2, so i used red....
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Btw,Pesmerga wore a cape unlike Yuber. Is there any meaning behind it? Why one wears cape and other doesn't?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Older Pete is a friggin FANTASTIC idea!