Do you find main hero's "protectors" more annoying than helpful?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: Do you find main hero's "protectors" more annoying than helpful?

Post by sticky-runes »

To be honest I don't hate any of the three protectors, I think what makes them off putting is the fact that the hero is always mute, so gremio/nanami/Lyon do a majority of the talking for him, and it gets a bit stale after a while, playing a character who can't speak up and say "yeah yeah, I know, you're worried about me. Now shut up and go along with the risky plan so you can die in my stead and let me have an extra slot in my party".
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Do you find main hero's "protectors" more annoying than helpful?

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:To be honest I don't hate any of the three protectors, I think what makes them off putting is the fact that the hero is always mute, so gremio/nanami/Lyon do a majority of the talking for him, and it gets a bit stale after a while, playing a character who can't speak up and say "yeah yeah, I know, you're worried about me. Now shut up and go along with the risky plan so you can die in my stead and let me have an extra slot in my party".
Personally i didn't like it when characters couldn't speak. Especially in Prince's case where he was showing emotions but he ws speechless. They made him look like an idiot.

Only S3 and Tactics had this good feature.