Characters you are nasty/nice to

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: Characters you are nasty/nice to

Post by sticky-runes »

I just re-watched the scene on youtube. Sialeeds defends Lyon outright, saying she was forced into becoming an assassin against her will and has had nothing to do with them for years. Lyon says it's alright - she understands the prince needs time to think about it, as the Nethergate assassins killed his parents and its a lot to take in. And Georg has his back to them and keeps quiet the whole time because it is in fact he who killed the queen and Arshtat who killed Ferid, but now's not a good time to bring up yet more heartbreaking secrets.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've been a right bastard to Eilie in my recent play. I moved a hair inch to the right and ended her knife throwing act prematurely. How dare she tie me up to use as a victim for showing off her knife throwing skills. Perhaps I should use her as a dummy for demonstrating my tonfa skills! :twisted:

And I didn't use the "beautiful ladies" response, either.
Quark

Post by Quark »

Like Neclord, I try to be nice to everyone even when it kills me. It was hard to be nice to Snowe, in particular. And while I don't think you can be mean to Jess, I think you can stand up to him, which I did.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Quark wrote:It was hard to be nice to Snowe, in particular.
If you can't hold it play Tactics. Recruit Lazlo. Go to the backstreets of Razril. Release the Punishment Rune...
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

It's not snowe you need to be horrible to, it's his dad.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

True, Snowe's dad is an asshole in every ways. He is one of the many things in S4 that should have been fleshened up.

And Jess is one of my most hated character in S2, what a morron, really. I don't get why so many people hate Teresa when they could take it on Jess instead.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah Jess is a little drip, trying to take it out on everyone else because he never had a chance with Anabelle when she was alive.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Just realised that during the recruitment of Shu section in Suikoden 2, you are given lots of options to be either supportive of Apple, or to give up on her plan and try something else. I chose all the options to support her because Apple is a little sweetheart. If I was straight I'd definitely pick her over Eilie.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I always did my best to be as mean as possible towards Gremio & Lyon. It didn't work.

Also i wish there was an option to tell to Cius & Lelei to shut up.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:It's not snowe you need to be horrible to, it's his dad.
Snowe was OK,he was just jealous of his friend but ultimately he realised he was being wrong.

But most annoying SIV character was Chieepoo by far. I'd gladly throw him in the ocean if i had the choice.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

wataru14 wrote:
The only people I am mean to at any and every opportunity are Chaco and Axel.
Does the game ever let you be mean to Axel? I think he's in kind of a similar boat to Snowe - his dad is the dick and he's been working hard to make him proud.
Reinbach seems to be the only one who openly defies his dad.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Axel seems a lot more independent than Snowe. I don't get the impression that he is cowed by his father like Snowe or defiant of his father like Reinbach. He always came across to me as agreeing with his father. Much more of an active participant in dickery.

Sadly, the one time you can is in the confession room. I also never use him in battle, party or naval. Passive-aggressive, I know, but I just hate him so much.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:Axel seems a lot more independent than Snowe. I don't get the impression that he is cowed by his father like Snowe or defiant of his father like Reinbach. He always came across to me as agreeing with his father. Much more of an active participant in dickery.

Sadly, the one time you can is in the confession room. I also never use him in battle, party or naval. Passive-aggressive, I know, but I just hate him so much.
Axel wasn't bad at all imo. And he was a good fighter as well.

Generally S4 didn't have characters with bad personalities....only Chieepo was an exception. I really wonder why the creators had this idea adding Chieepo to your party,after being exciled from Razril. He was making things worse.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:
wataru14 wrote:
The only people I am mean to at any and every opportunity are Chaco and Axel.
Does the game ever let you be mean to Axel? I think he's in kind of a similar boat to Snowe - his dad is the dick and he's been working hard to make him proud.
Reinbach seems to be the only one who openly defies his dad.

Reinbach is awesome. The narcissists characters are actually all very good. They look goofy but they all are brave and fiercy and has a high sense of honour and duty. And they're top level fighters.

Of all of them, Reinbach is the greatest. He's a musketeer of sorts. He is not afraid to stand up to his father, he views his friendship to you as the most valuable thing ever, and he is reliable as iron. Everyone only focuses on his silly outfit but he's much more than that.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Sasarai10 wrote:Generally S4 didn't have characters with bad personalities....only Chieepo was an exception. I really wonder why the creators had this idea adding Chieepo to your party,after being exciled from Razril. He was making things worse.
Bite your tongue! Chiepoo is awesome. He is one of my favorite characters in the entire series. I've already written at length previously about why he is so great, so I'm not going to do so again, but I will say:

Chiepoo > everyone.