Characters you are nasty/nice to

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Characters you are nasty/nice to

Post by sticky-runes »

When the games give you an opportunity to be kind or cruel to someone, who do you treat badly or nicely, and why?

Gremio: At Kwaba fortress, I always tell Gremio his actions are unforgivable until he decides to commit suicide, and Viktor tells you to knock it off. Out of all Gremio's overreactions, that one is my favourite.

Nanami and Jowy: I treat them equally and tell them they both stunk when we were trying to get into Muse with Alex and Hilda's passes. Though to be honest, at least Nanami was putting effort into her character, Jowy was like "Um... Uh... Me, I guess."

Snowe: I always tell Katarina that Snowe bought the medicine, as I don't wanna take credit for something somebody else did. But I do sometimes play out the beheading scenes when we capture Snowe (then quit and reload so I can get 108 stars) I do find it quite moving and upsetting when Snowe spends his final moments talking about how happy Lazlo was to become a knight. It would have been nice if Lazlo did actually crack a smile during the graduation scene, but oh well.

Lymsleia and Sialeeds: I like to play the doting brother and favour Lymsleia over Aunty Slagleeds. I don't have any younger siblings in real life, so it feels nice to have a little sibling who looks up to you and treats you like the sun shines out of your ass. Lym goes through a lot of difficult stuff throughout the game, so I like to offer her as much comfort and affection during the early stages on as possible.
gildedtalon

Re: Characters you are nasty/nice to

Post by gildedtalon »

I Am the middle child so I have an older sibling and a younger sibling
Older brother and younger sister

Siblings are not that fun once you get older, most of the time I even forget I have siblings. We don't live in the same house anymore
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I simply cannot be mean to Gremio. I don't even screw around with him when he's making the stew.

Nanami and Jowy both stink at acting and I tell them so. Overacting is as bad as underacting (source: I am an actor).

I cut Snowe a lot of slack.

I also favor Lym over Sialeeds. You have so little time with Lym that I want to make the best of it. You have plenty of chances to get points with Sialeeds. I also hold a bit of a grudge with Sialeeds for not filling me in on her plans. As Prince, I would have supporter her efforts, I'm just resentful of being left in the dark.

The only people I am mean to at any and every opportunity are Chaco and Axel.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You've gotta be mean to Killey. He's a right cunt. I might just not recruit him at all next time I play 2 and 5, since I'm not bothered about the happy endings in those games any way.
Pen

Post by Pen »

I am generally a nice... if the character respect me.

I am putting my butt in line to save stuff, I don't accept people being jerks to me.

And people who are jerks with Lyon have no heart! :evil:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I hate Lyon's personality, but she's one of the best in battle
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

sticky-runes wrote:You've gotta be mean to Killey. He's a right cunt. I might just not recruit him at all next time I play 2 and 5, since I'm not bothered about the happy endings in those games any way.
Easy. When you get the chance to recruit him, tell him the following:
“Look, I’m only recruiting you ass**** to get the best ending. I command you to go to the headquarters and never leave. Don’t you dare join my group or take part in war battles; I’ll never give you a chance to gain glory. Moreover I forbid you to enter the tavern, any shops and all entertaining facilities at the headquarters. You may stay in the restaurant so you won’t starve, but you’ll have to pay for yourself, I won’t pay anything for you. Begone, and rot in my castle!”
Believe me, he’ll do that.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Lyon is a decent character, I just wish she'd shut up more often. I tend to swap her out of the active party as frequently as possible. Miakis is so much more awesome. I do give Sialeeds the "as if you care" response when she asks about Lyon's health, though.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I usually want to be nasty but I always pick being nice to everyone, basically because in Suikoden you know being nice will get you more close to the good ending. For example I'd love to tease Lymsleia or tell Lyon she is being annoying, but you know doing that will prevent you of getting the nice end.

Or when you capture Klaus and his father I'd cut their heads asap or throw Ko into a dungeon but the game won't even allow you.

I swear, If Suikoden worked like TES or Fallout and the good end wouldn't require all the stars probably I'd end with 30 or so at much, not because I didn't find it, but because I'd put most of them through the sword. XD
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I guess the fact that I always make a special effort to single shot that stupid Sierra twat when we have to fight her is a way of being nasty to her? Damn I hate that character.
In Suikoden I, I also tend to tell Gremio his action is "unforgivable!" because I hear these words with such an obviously ironic tone, it's like Gremio is not getting my joke or something. And it doesn't affect the result of the game anyway.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I get the impression that Tir McDohl is supposed to have been a cocky little git growing up any way. He gets told off by Cleo for barging into a lady's room (she has to remind him, meaning he's done it several times before) and Marie tells him off for hanging around at the inn and accuses him of picking on Gremio again. Plus you get the option to play pranks on Gremio and Pahn, and to be cocky towards your commanding officer and even the emperor himself. So having Tir immediately forgive Gremio seems out of character for him. It's when Gremio actually does die that it hits Tir hard.

Although... Refusing to help Ted when he's injured seems a little low even for me.
Cleo says "he's in shock from seeing his best friend injured."
Um, no, I just don't want to get his icky blood on me...
Pen

Post by Pen »

sticky-runes wrote:Lyon is a decent character, I just wish she'd shut up more often. I tend to swap her out of the active party as frequently as possible. Miakis is so much more awesome. I do give Sialeeds the "as if you care" response when she asks about Lyon's health, though.
I was more saying because being mean to Lyon really makes you look like a jerk, regardless if you like her character or not.

When she reveals to you she was a Neither Gater member, and she ask if you still trust her, I think is the most heartless move in all Suikoden dialog options EVER, to the point of being EVIL, to say "I don't know about that" instead "Of course I do".

I mean, seriously, who would realistically say that to her after she open her heart to you, specially how happy she gets when you actually say you still trust her?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

sticky-runes wrote:I get the impression that Tir McDohl is supposed to have been a cocky little git growing up any way. He gets told off by Cleo for barging into a lady's room (she has to remind him, meaning he's done it several times before) and Marie tells him off for hanging around at the inn and accuses him of picking on Gremio again. Plus you get the option to play pranks on Gremio and Pahn, and to be cocky towards your commanding officer and even the emperor himself. So having Tir immediately forgive Gremio seems out of character for him. It's when Gremio actually does die that it hits Tir hard.

Although... Refusing to help Ted when he's injured seems a little low even for me.
Cleo says "he's in shock from seeing his best friend injured."
Um, no, I just don't want to get his icky blood on me...
I have to disagree there, Cleo, Pahn and Gremio are servants, they should know their place and deal with it. "Barging into a lady's room?" This is MY house you are the leech here, now turn around and bend over.

And Ted is just probably some ilegitimate child that father brought here, I have to keep the apparences but why would I worry for a bastard (literally) that wants to steal my heritage?

:D
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Pen wrote:
I was more saying because being mean to Lyon really makes you look like a jerk, regardless if you like her character or not.

When she reveals to you she was a Neither Gater member, and she ask if you still trust her, I think is the most heartless move in all Suikoden dialog options EVER, to the point of being EVIL, to say "I don't know about that" instead "Of course I do".

I mean, seriously, who would realistically say that to her after she open her heart to you, specially how happy she gets when you actually say you still trust her?
Well, sometimes we do reveal truths about ourselves to close friends and family and they don't always take it well at first. On the one hand, it's great if a person accepts something about us without question. On the other hand, we've just revealed a secret to someone who has trusted us for a long time. It's not unreasonable for someone to take a while to process that. Saying "I don't know how to feel about that" is not the same as saying "get out of my life, bitch."
Pen

Post by Pen »

sticky-runes wrote: Well, sometimes we do reveal truths about ourselves to close friends and family and they don't always take it well at first. On the one hand, it's great if a person accepts something about us without question. On the other hand, we've just revealed a secret to someone who has trusted us for a long time. It's not unreasonable for someone to take a while to process that. Saying "I don't know how to feel about that" is not the same as saying "get out of my life, bitch."
I don't think that was the tone of the answer, because even Sialeeds and Georg give a "What the hell hero?" look at you, and Lyon looks really sad for the awnser.

But it's just my opinion on the matter, because while Lyon is not my favorite character for V (I like Miakis way more), I just think that it won't hurt the player to accept she put her horrifying past behind (Specially talking about Neither Gate, who are the most cruel organization in the Suikoverse. They made the Howling Voice Guild "The Tower" seems like a Summer Camp :shock: ) and give her some support, no?