Characters you are nasty/nice to

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Characters you are nasty/nice to

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:

Reinbach is awesome. The narcissists characters are actually all very good. They look goofy but they all are brave and fiercy and has a high sense of honour and duty. And they're top level fighters.

Of all of them, Reinbach is the greatest. He's a musketeer of sorts. He is not afraid to stand up to his father, he views his friendship to you as the most valuable thing ever, and he is reliable as iron. Everyone only focuses on his silly outfit but he's much more than that.
Personally i prefer Augustine. He wasn't as much developed as the others,but he was an interesting character.

Worst definetely Josephin. Is this a hairdo?
wataru14 wrote: Bite your tongue! Chiepoo is awesome. He is one of my favorite characters in the entire series. I've already written at length previously about why he is so great, so I'm not going to do so again, but I will say:

Chiepoo > everyone.
But how?

He's a mediocre fighter and thanks to him you got caught by Troy's crew.

Not to mention his bizarre outfits in Tactics. :?
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Chiepoo is a cat, and cats are awesome. Always.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Chiepoo is a cat, and cats are awesome. Always.
Nalkul was WAY better...even Champo was better than Chiepoo...
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I think everyone on na nal looked to their chief as some kind of hero. Jewel is the only one who realised what a dick he was and left to join the knights. I can't really blame axel for being loyal to his own father, and they do both change their way of thinking once we help save their island from kooluk even though they gave us shoot the whole time we were there. In tactics, axel is serious about building bridges with the elves, so it kind of falls to his generation to overcome this prejudice between humans and elves.

The narcissists are mostly good guys who value friendship, and even though they fuss over their own appearances, they rarely criticise and judge others harshly. It's just a shame we rarely see them building friendships with non-narcissistic characters. Simone and Vincent have their unite attack. Reinbach and Charlemagne have their unite attack. It would be nice if they mixed things up a bit more instead of having them stick to their own kind.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

wataru14 wrote:Bite your tongue! Chiepoo is awesome. He is one of my favorite characters in the entire series. I've already written at length previously about why he is so great, so I'm not going to do so again, but I will say:

Chiepoo > everyone.
Finally, someone else who realizes Chiepoo's awesomeness. I started to like him when he tries to eat Nalkul and Champo and tries to send their dead bodies to the mice
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Chiepoo is the one positive bright spot in a super dark game. He is the only one (except for Lino) who really seems to care about Lazlo as a person. Even Tal and Jewel seem to be more devoted to the idea of Lazlo as evil Rune receptacle than to Lazlo himself.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote: The narcissists are mostly good guys who value friendship, and even though they fuss over their own appearances, they rarely criticise and judge others harshly. It's just a shame we rarely see them building friendships with non-narcissistic characters. Simone and Vincent have their unite attack. Reinbach and Charlemagne have their unite attack. It would be nice if they mixed things up a bit more instead of having them stick to their own kind.
Augustine was friends with Gordon (from S3) who wasn't a narcissist...no?
wataru14 wrote:Chiepoo is the one positive bright spot in a super dark game. He is the only one (except for Lino) who really seems to care about Lazlo as a person. Even Tal and Jewel seem to be more devoted to the idea of Lazlo as evil Rune receptacle than to Lazlo himself.
Huh...but how?

He was a comic character basically. But to be honest i have to play S4 for a few years...but yet i remember Chieepo being goofy on several cutscenes.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I like suikoden 4 for its dreariness and doom and gloom, not in spite of it. But I do like chiepoo for the journey he's on - a traveling aspiring merchant who gets into all sorts of adventures and mishaps with the hero and his group. Most merchants we recruit in suikoden games are just people who say "I wanna open my own shop one day, but nobody wants me" then they open up shop at your hq. Chiepoo has more depth to him than that.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:I like suikoden 4 for its dreariness and doom and gloom, not in spite of it. But I do like chiepoo for the journey he's on - a traveling aspiring merchant who gets into all sorts of adventures and mishaps with the hero and his group. Most merchants we recruit in suikoden games are just people who say "I wanna open my own shop one day, but nobody wants me" then they open up shop at your hq. Chiepoo has more depth to him than that.
Chadli was official S4 merchant wasn't he?

But surprisingly enough S4 didn't have official traders and armorers as far as i remember...and by official i mean this one who stays in your HQ.

But S4 was pretty unique generally. There were multiple merchants selling different stuff each one (Carrie,Chadli,Phil,Kevin,Pam,Funghi and those 5 mermaids were selling items from what i remember.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah, Chadli ran the general store. Chiepoo ran a shop when we were at sea or on the deserted island and he does fulfill his dream to become a merchant in Tactics (and we get to decide how successful he is by playing around with the guild quests)
S4 was unique for having merchants that could make custom equipment out of items we find from killing monsters.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:And Jess is one of my most hated character in S2, what a morron, really. I don't get why so many people hate Teresa when they could take it on Jess instead.
I’ve never read a comment against Teresa, but I’ve read that many players are bored of the Greenhill plot, and Teresa is probably its symbol. And as for Jess, I actually like characters who have some flaws (we do have enough Robin Hood-like flawless characters), who later regret and join and serve you faithfully. I also loved Flik’s rashness before he joined in S1. And I didn’t find Jess’ plan in Muse too bad, it was smart and would give Muse an advantage. He didn’t expect them to fail, or else he wouldn’t waste his time for it. His confidence was based on the fact that these aren’t helpless kids, but young soldiers of the unicorn brigade who have proven their survivability. The problem about characters like Teresa and Jess is that they are not awesome fighters with unique dresses. Killey has got many fans even though being a dick.
sticky-runes wrote:The narcissists are mostly good guys who value friendship, and even though they fuss over their own appearances, they rarely criticise and judge others harshly. It's just a shame we rarely see them building friendships with non-narcissistic characters. Simone and Vincent have their unite attack. Reinbach and Charlemagne have their unite attack. It would be nice if they mixed things up a bit more instead of having them stick to their own kind.
I’d love to see a more fleshed out narcissist as one of the main characters. I mean in an important role, accompanying the protagonist more often and so on. Until S4 they were mostly an object of amusement. Reinbach was a good start.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Reinbach was still optional though. Basically some narcissists get involved in the main plot (Milich,Vincent,Reinbach),but still they are optional.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I always gave Nanami a hard time in the beginning. I slowly grew to love her over time, like, when she got shot and retreated back to Kyaro. Nah, her speed stats really changed my opinion. She's invaluable to me now.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Wolkendrache wrote: The problem about characters like Teresa and Jess is that they are not awesome fighters with unique dresses. Killey has got many fans even though being a dick.
Theresa's outfit is better than Killey's. What Killey fans don't realise is that Killey is such a socially inept drip that the reason he wears that big hat and big shoulder pads is so that people can't tell that he's swooning every time somebody brushes past him, because that's the only time he ever gets a bit of human contact.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
Theresa's outfit is better than Killey's. What Killey fans don't realise is that Killey is such a socially inept drip that the reason he wears that big hat and big shoulder pads is so that people can't tell that he's swooning every time somebody brushes past him, because that's the only time he ever gets a bit of human contact.
Why so much hate about Killey? He's just a loner/nerd guy....who doesn't want to be disturbed and he's minding his own business.

As for his outfit,it's cool and it's linked with his clan.

Compared with "you know who",he's a normal guy.