Suikoden 2 Mini games

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Pesmerga007

Suikoden 2 Mini games

Post by Pesmerga007 »

I've been making Suikoden II videos lately. Check my new one out. It's about the mini-games at HQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1CuoMQElSQ

[Admin Edit: "What is your favorite ***?" type topics are forbidden according to forum rules, so part of this post containing a favorites list has been edited out]
sticky-runes

Re: Suikoden 2 Mini games

Post by sticky-runes »

Nice video. I've never been a fan of the mini games, but I'd rank fishing above chinchirorin. I've never liked that dice game except in Suikoden 1. Wall climbing could have been more engaging if they had us competing against different characters instead of clones of Riou.

Suikoden 5 fishing was quite good, but I just wanted to read the dialogue between the Raftfleet mob.

Ironically, I love Suikoden 4 but can't be bothered with most of the mini games even though a lot of people consider the mini games the best part of S4. I have a really short attention span and can't stand mini games that come with an essay of rules.
Pesmerga007

Post by Pesmerga007 »

Chinichororin would have been much better if you could risk playing on for double or nothing. I just wish there was a little more you could get out of fishing, like a prize for catching over a certain weight for each fish.

I never understood why there were clones of Riou.....
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

in Suikoden 4 I love Ritapon. It's basically Gin Rummy, which I love.

In S2 I had a fondness for the rope game. I wish I could play it with other real people someday. I was a big fan of the cooking games too, because they made me so hungry I would play it before dinner time :P
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Btw guys, Chinchirorin can be easily turned into a drinking game. I've tried it years ago when I was living in a student's dorm. It's fun. If you win a round you can drink quality alcohol at will. If you lose you must drink a cup of water or american beer, or you must drink a weird mix (we used amaretto + sparkling mineral water, ughh). Don't try this the day before an exam, it's better played afterwards :mrgreen:
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
BrucePrintscreen

You know why American beer is like having sex in a canoe?

Both are focking close to water.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Ah Chinchirorin. There is a pretty awesome in-depth essay on it over at Suikox that I loved. It basically describes how it's the worst gambling game ever (I'm looking at you, Shilo).
BrucePrintscreen

I'd play Ritapon online endlessly. If someone ever puts Ritapon on a website, my business is dead.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

cook-off was the ULTIMATE mni-game basically!

too bad it's not included in the other Suikodens and i dont understand why..... :?