Viki is the true Tenkai star!

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
ENDmyinitials

Viki is the true Tenkai star!

Post by ENDmyinitials »

If viki can really travel through time, then this should mean she has the power to change history, or bring someone from the past to the present. This bares the question, does really have that power, or is it some mistake? I think when she sneezes she teleports. I don't get it, lol...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Viki is the true Tenkai star!

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Viki can indeed teleport through time but she has never been shown to do so intentionally as it only happens by accident.

Suikogaiden Vol.2's Chapter 3 back route is worth a look for anyone interested in her mishaps. It also makes pretty clear that Millie is every bit as big of a nutjob, something not entirely obvious in Suikoden II.

All in all, if I was in either Suikoden game I'd be doing a whole lot of walking cause accidentally getting teleported to the wrong place seems the least of the problems Viki can cause. It's also up in the air whatever happened to the people she teleported in her ending in Suikoden III.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Viki is an interesting character to be sure. She does all that work, and helps all these people, only to get zero reward or recognition for what she does. In that sense, she is one of the more "heroic" characters in that series. She is also one of the most interesting characters because of how little we know about her. When she sneezes she teleports, likely because she cannot control her own power properly. This is a running theme throughout the games, so it doesn't come as a surprise.

Could Viki be cursed by a rune? it is certainly possible, but we don't know if her ability to teleport comes from her having some kind of uber-Blinking Rune, or through practice. Or if she was just designed to be a comic relief character without further thought. I cannot really see her being in seven whole games and just remaining "that ditzy girl who teleports everyone." One theory is that the games happen from her perspective, explaining why she becomes stringer with each game: SI, unplayable. SII, playable if you risked magic backfiring. SIII, one of the stronger mages. SIV, stronger and more reliable. SV, Chain Magic skill. But IDK if that is true.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

She certainly has some unknown magic powers, but she has no power to unite and lead the 108 SoD. She’s anything but a Tenkai Star.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

She is nothing else but a very finely crafted, quirky, funny, very original, character.

Any other interpretation is terribly far-fetched.

Viki is the authors of Suikoden at their best, finding a way to make one of the most lame features of RPGs - teleportation - something more entertaining.

She doesn't need backstories and theories and a difficult past and an apocalyptic magical background.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Viki is the slave of a higher entity. This entity send Viki through time and history to watch/witness the gathering of 108 stars of destiny.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

A master who gives his slave the ability to warp through space and time, and sends the most clumsy and forgetful girl off to make mental notes of several wars… this would easily be the dumbest higher entity ever.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Wolkendrache wrote:A master who gives his slave the ability to warp through space and time, and sends the most clumsy and forgetful girl off to make mental notes of several wars… this would easily be the dumbest higher entity ever.
Do you know the saying that the still waters run deep? Or playing dumb?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe Viki is just an avatar and this "higher entity" is watching the events unfold through Viki's eyes? Almost like it was some kind of game...
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

veriaqa wrote:
Wolkendrache wrote:A master who gives his slave the ability to warp through space and time, and sends the most clumsy and forgetful girl off to make mental notes of several wars… this would easily be the dumbest higher entity ever.
You’re asking whether I know either „still waters run deep“ or „still waters playing dumb“? I know the first one, it applies to people like Humphrey or Jeane. Viki’s idiom would be “clumsy waters teleport fast”. Or maybe you’re trying to say Viki is just playing/pretending her flaws, like “deep waters run clumsy”. Possible, who knows. Just take it easy. :)
sticky-runes wrote:Maybe Viki is just an avatar and this "higher entity" is watching the events unfold through Viki's eyes? Almost like it was some kind of game...
I saw the same without excluding Tactics. I’m an even higher entity! 8)
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Wolkendrache wrote:
veriaqa wrote:
You’re asking whether I know either „still waters run deep“ or „still waters playing dumb“? I know the first one, it applies to people like Humphrey or Jeane. Viki’s idiom would be “clumsy waters teleport fast”. Or maybe you’re trying to say Viki is just playing/pretending her flaws, like “deep waters run clumsy”. Possible, who knows. Just take it easy. :)
It's one theory from me.Look, Viki could be a really clumsy girl who does not know anything bumbling her way through many wars and SoD gatherings through space and time by chance; or she could be a smart powerful girl playing dumb. For me the later is more makes sense.