Suikoden Source Code?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Evilblades

Suikoden Source Code?

Post by Evilblades »

I've been a fan of the series since I got the first on PS1. Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to buy fifteen copies of II, but thats neither here nor there. XD I have been trying to (basically) reverse-engineer their army combat system so I can make a fan project, but I have hit something of a brick wall. Where with the first game, I could just rip the whole game file to my computer and separate the systems manually, I can't seem to make any headway with II or III. Despite the fact that both games were localized with their respective releases, all the notations are in Japanese. Its a tad difficult to separate which system does what when its in a completely different language. However, I know its possible to find translated versions of the code for II and III, as both have been hacked for use with PC and PSP emulators. The bad part about those files is that the order in which their code appears is a jumbled mess (as a result of the hack/crack procedure). So if anyone here might know where I can get my hands on a translated version of the source codes for Suikodens II and III, it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to make a hybrid battle system that incorporates the traits of all three systems, because I think it would be a unique challenge, and I want to share what I create with the community. Especially since eight years is too long to wait for another Suikoden fix. I just want to do something to give back to the series that I love so much, and this is the last piece of the puzzle.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Suikoden Source Code?

Post by Pyriel »

What do you mean by "translated source code", and what do you mean by, "hacked for use with...emulators"?

Nobody but Konami has access to the source code. If you're referring to debugging strings and the names of files on the discs, they're as translated as they're likely to get.