weird character ending lines

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: weird character ending lines

Post by Wolkendrache »

Huan: Returned to Muse to begin the healing of all of the people injured during the war.
Unless we’re talking about PTSD, this is pretty useless. Unless the whole war lasted only some days, this is useless, because after the war most people injured during the war have either long since recovered or long since died from their wounds.

Karen: The men of Kuskus still go to see Karen dance, annoying their wives greatly.
Always stay by Oulan’s side, girl, otherwise you’re destroying the symbiosis: husbands leave home for Karen’s show -> wives get angry -> husbands watch Karen and get horny -> on their way back home they harass girls -> Oulan intervenes and gives them serious beatings -> wives are satisfied. Without Oulan there are angry wives, horny husbands and raped girls left, and you have to be blamed, Karen. Stay away and everything’s fine.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Elenor Silverberg

One can always find excellent wine where Elenor used to live

She left an infinite stash of wine on Hermitage Island? Sweet. Meanwhile, nobody cares what happened to Elenor during/after the explosion of El Eal. Her body must have been a splattered mess underneath all the rubble where we were fighting those Kooluks and Mercenaries in Suikoden Tactics.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

sticky-runes wrote:Elenor Silverberg

One can always find excellent wine where Elenor used to live

She left an infinite stash of wine on Hermitage Island? Sweet. Meanwhile, nobody cares what happened to Elenor during/after the explosion of El Eal. Her body must have been a splattered mess underneath all the rubble where we were fighting those Kooluks and Mercenaries in Suikoden Tactics.
This has always driven me crazy! I would have loved if they had left open if she and Cray survived (can't remember if it was ambigious or not), but something like "In the ruins of El-Eal, her body has never been found" would have been way better.
Instead, her ending is not even an ending. Didn't she order that all her wine has to be on board? And after the war, Maxine moves to her house. So she's drinking all the wine?
Huan: Returned to Muse to begin the healing of all of the people injured during the war.
Unless we’re talking about PTSD, this is pretty useless. Unless the whole war lasted only some days, this is useless, because after the war most people injured during the war have either long since recovered or long since died from their wounds.
Well, you don't die from broken bones or every major injury, so it makes sense.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Antimatzist wrote:
Well, you don't die from broken bones or every major injury, so it makes sense.
A soldier from Muse broke his arm half a year ago. He prayed to God for a quick recovery, and God spoke to him: “Nay. Your arm shall not recover and no other doctor shall treat you until Huan the Messiah arrives to BEGIN the healing of ALL people injured during the war.”

I understand what these lines are supposed to mean, I was just making fun of the way they sound :wink:
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Flare

She continues to patrol the seas, frightening all those around her.

Frightening everyone? Not just the pirates she's fighting against, but her subjects and attendants as well?? Why are they frightened? Are they worried for her safety, because she's so reckless and she might get killed or captured? Or, do they fear their princess is some psycho bitch sailing around shooting people with a bow and arrows.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:I’ve tried to read a japanese article, and what I got out of it was something like if you have all the factories/shops (Tessai, Jude, Jeane, etc.), then at the end there’ll be a scene where Meg modifies Gadget (into Super-Gadget), resulting in this ending line. So this should actually be the more common ending. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

If I had known earlier that this was already discussed...
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =9&t=11662

thanks man,that makes sense :wink: