weird character ending lines

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

weird character ending lines

Post by Wolkendrache »

What were the weirdest or funniest or most surprising character ending lines in your opinion (with reasons)? Here’s my list…

Badeaux: Stayed in <Army Name> as a beastmaster where he practices his unique skills
I thought he didn’t want to have anything to do with people who don’t respect animals, feeling he’s more amiable towards animals than humans. So he ended up taming and training animals to make them fight for the sake of humans, to spill their blood for the disputes between humans? Maybe I had a wrong perception of him.

Kirke: Throws away his scythe and becomes a farmer
Character X threw away his hammer and became a blacksmith, and character Y threw away his books and became a teacher. Likewise, Kirke throws away a scythe, which is actually a farmer’s tool, and becomes a farmer. Before this, he probably threw away his axe and became an executioner.

Stallion: Continues his journey to become the fastest living creature in the land
Of course, if it wasn’t for journeying around, Usain Bolt would’ve never become the fastest man. Since Stallion lost a race duel against someone who didn’t even have a Godspeed Rune, I guess he still has a long journey to travel.

Tai Ho: Returned to Kaku and his life of ribaldry and moral turpitude
This doesn’t even sound euphemistic, if a euphemism was intended, it failed. To me it still sounds like “Fu**ing bas**rd Tai Ho continues to be a mo****fu**ing ass**le.” Why so harsh against a SoD?

Tetsu: Returned to Lakewest where he is building the largest bathhouse in <Army Name>
Lakewest, located at the shores of a lake and having a perceived population of about 15 people, it’s clearly the best location to build the largest bathhouse.

Tony: Continues to work hard to grow delicious vegetables in the fertile fields of Tinto
Alright, we know Tinto has the fewest and least fertile lands in the whole country, so this could be a euphemism meaning he’s actually reducing his work.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Re: weird character ending lines

Post by sticky-runes »

Don't the large animals carry on protecting the castle, so maybe Badeaux stays with them? Either that, or he practices on Yuzu's herds of farm animals. That would be quite handy for honing his skills as a beast master.

Ditto on the Kirke thing!

I used to think it was weird that Milich spent the rest of his life looking after the grave of Barbarossa, but he must have had an extravagant mausoleum set up with a garden growing around it. Couldn't quite picture Milich giving up his mansion to take the role of a grouchy old graveyard attendant like we see in other RPGs!
Winterswhite

Post by Winterswhite »

SI has a lot of vague ending lines I have to say.
Taggart
Becomes assistant to Warren

Umm, I thought he already was? Well, I guess it meant he became more than servant now..

Giovanni
Starts his own business

Which is...?

Griffith
Begins a business

Again, which is?

Also

Sydonia
Disappears

Not beating around the bush, eh?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

My personal favorite:

Marco
Leads a vigorous life.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

wataru14 wrote:My personal favorite:
Marco
Leads a vigorous life.
Yeah, like now that this boring war is over his life is finally getting vigorous.

Here are some from S5...

Zegai: Weary of the civilized world, he leaves for the wild, where he becomes an exterminator of extremely large pests.
This was a surprise, because he has just learned that the “largest pests” can be found within civilization.

Isato: Stay on after the war as assistant to Lady Haswar. Returns to Alseid only once more in his life.
Probably to kill Urda in order to live in quietude.

Haswar: As the oracle of Lunas, supports the new Queen both publicly and privately. One day, she announces a surprise wedding...
I can think of some unsurprising ones, so what would be a surprise wedding? Gavaya & Lym? Frey & Jeane?

Georg: Returns to the northern continent, and joins in many wars under many different names.
In Dunan for example he used the name “Georg Prime”. I just can’t get the difference.

Maroon: Succeeds the late Fuwalafuwalu as leader. Contributes to the harmonious coexistance of human, dwarf and beaver.
In other words: stupid elves, f*ck yourselves!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

yeah, an animal isn't exactly a pest if it's living in it's own natural habitat like a forest or mountain. If it's attacking farms or skulking around inside cities, then it can be considered a pest. Should have written Zegai's ending as "becomes a renowned slayer of beasts" or something.

As for Maroon's ending, there weren't any elf colonies in Falena, hence Urda trying to take Isato back to their foreign homeland, it's not like we got a large number of elves helping us to fight the Godwins. It's the beavers and dwarves that were mistreated by the Godwins, so he works to resolve racial conflict within Falena.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

If Anji dies in battle then Kanak/Leonardo lines will still be:

Goes into business with Anji.

WTF? What the creators were thinkng? Shouldn't they have a line like "They visit Anji's grave everyday" or sth like that?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Why would you want to visit a grave everyday?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Necrophilia + nymphomania.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:Why would you want to visit a grave everyday?

Because he was their leader perhaps?

Sancho didn't do that? "Places flowers on his master's grave daily." ending line says.

But i wonder why Sancho had an alternative ending and the 2 pirated didn't have any?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

What about these...

Crowley: Despising the world, he returns to the caverns.
We found you in the caverns, because the caverns are actually part of the world. People who despise the castle would leave it, but you would just go into the basement. You’re not despising anything, you just don’t have the balls to face your rival!

Cleo: Tired of fighting, continues to protect Teo's mansion.
From who? And in case there are indeed people who want to harm the mansion, then this is not the place to go if you’re tired of fighting.

Melodye: Departs to collect all sounds of the world.
After some time in Falena where she completed the royal fart collection, she headed back north. Died collecting the Bonaparte gulp sounds. Seriously, collecting all sounds of the world sounds even weirder than searching for the edge of the world (Templeton) or looking for the color of freedom (Ivanov…..and Hasselhoff).
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Everyone else who lived at the McDohl residence is either dead or wandered off somewhere. I think Cleo would find living as an attendant in an empty mansion to be a bit more peaceful than becoming a full time soldier, à la Valeria, Camille or Sonya.

What about Chandler:

Finally succeeds in opening his own store.

... which is exactly what he did when we recruited him. I know Chandler's not the most exciting SOD, but could they not elaborate a bit? Like "continues to run his shop at the Toran castle" or "opens a new shop in whatever town" ?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

A little irrelevant with question but since we're talking about endings.....

I noticed that Meg in S2 has an alternative ending:

Riding on Gadget, she took off on an adventure to find Juppo.

How can you trigger this?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I’ve tried to read a japanese article, and what I got out of it was something like if you have all the factories/shops (Tessai, Jude, Jeane, etc.), then at the end there’ll be a scene where Meg modifies Gadget (into Super-Gadget), resulting in this ending line. So this should actually be the more common ending. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

If I had known earlier that this was already discussed...
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =9&t=11662