Suikoden Quizzes at Sporcle

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
bluemask

Re: Suikoden Quizzes at Sporcle

Post by bluemask »

Sasarai10 wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

They're ordered with their recruitment sequence...so it was kinda easy to make a guess :)
Cheater!! One does not simply remember Tony's name.. or Tenkou's or...whatever.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

bluemask wrote: Cheater!! One does not simply remember Tony's name.. or Tenkou's or...whatever.

:lol: why? Ok about Tenkou...but Tony is a very common name.

I've played the game many times,and i can remember who is who :P
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

sticky-runes wrote:gildedtalon, this site doesn't count because it's been set up by fans. I want actual in-game info.
it's not in-game. It is based on info from Konami publications.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Vextor wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:gildedtalon, this site doesn't count because it's been set up by fans. I want actual in-game info.
such as...?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

sticky-runes wrote:
Vextor wrote:
such as...?
Such as the Genso Shinsho publications, the Genso Suikoden Encyclopedia, the Suikoden II 108 Stars guide, Marugoto! Genso Suikoden etc etc. In other words, things you've never even heard of, much less read as they are in Japanese.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

That just confirms it. All those questions on info that can be found in the games, then that one question about Lorelai's axe, which you have to go off and research material from outside of the game. Unacceptable.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:That just confirms it. All those questions on info that can be found in the games, then that one question about Lorelai's axe, which you have to go off and research material from outside of the game. Unacceptable.
Well, supplementary publications usually contain stuff which never made into a game (concepts and stuff) or infos which are only added to make things interesting. Though with the Lorelai/Kirke thing, I'm not sure which one is it. Either way, I can say it's official so it makes things more acceptable, for me at least.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Lorelai was a much more exciting character back in S1 when she was this mysterious blue reincarnation of Odessa who cheered you up in such a serene and dignified way. Red-hat-dude was annoying and it ruined it all. However, Kirke was pretty cool, I would have preferred if such an idea had been pushed further.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Actually I hate that idea.
It is said that Kirke threw away his scythe and became a farmer. It means he's abandoning his dark past in favor of a peaceful future.
But suddenly he's passing the dark past on to the next generation. That pretty much killed the romantic aspect.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:Actually I hate that idea.
It is said that Kirke threw away his scythe and became a farmer. It means he's abandoning his dark past in favor of a peaceful future.
But suddenly he's passing the dark past on to the next generation. That pretty much killed the romantic aspect.

Makes some sense to me.

He can be found in the same place with Blackman and Lorelai in Toran Lake Castle.

So i guess here's how the story goes according to my theory:

Blackman and Kirke became friends during S1 events and probably he convinced Kirke to follow farmer's life.

And since Lorelai likes to use different kind of weapons she might have asked Kirke to use his scythe so she can practice with it,and Kirke agreed and gave it to her.

:wink:
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Sasarai10 wrote:He can be found in the same place with Blackman and Lorelai in Toran Lake Castle.

Blackman and Kirke became friends during S1 events and probably he convinced Kirke to follow farmer's life.

And since Lorelai likes to use different kind of weapons she might have asked Kirke to use his scythe so she can practice with it,and Kirke agreed and gave it to her.
You mean Blackman gave his rake to Kirke, Kirke handed his scythe to Lorelai, which leaves Blackman with a bow. He could use it to decorate a scarecrow to make it appear more frightening...
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:
You mean Blackman gave his rake to Kirke, Kirke handed his scythe to Lorelai, which leaves Blackman with a bow. He could use it to decorate a scarecrow to make it appear more frightening...
I didn't say Blackman gave his rake to Kirke. Just Kirke bought one for himself,passed his scythe to Lorelai and Lorelai threw away the bow...i dunno who collect it afterwards
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:

Makes some sense to me.

He can be found in the same place with Blackman and Lorelai in Toran Lake Castle.

:wink:
I actually like your idea, Sasarai. Blackman does give us that "what do you plan to leave behind in the wake of your battles?" speech when we recruit him, so Kirke must have been inspired to take up farming after his career of chopping off people's heads. Blackman was trying to bring life back to a place that was full of death (the Kalekka ruins) and so Kirke works on a field where he gets to give life after years of taking the lives of criminals. There's a nice theme of life and death and renewal going on there.

Although a scythe might come in handy for cutting down corn! I guess Kirke had enough of being a reaper and chose to focus on sowing :wink:
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Well we know that Lorelai owns Kirke's scythe but we don't know if he gave it to her. He may as well have abandoned it and Lorelai picked it up perhaps even without telling him.