Doctors 'n Nurses

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Doctors 'n Nurses

Post by sticky-runes »

so who's your favourite medic from the Suikoverse? Let's see, there's...

Liukan, who helped us defeat Milich, and cured the dragons so that the dragon knights could join our cause. Both incidents came with a great sacrifice though - we lost Gremio and Black. Good to see that Liukan still plods along at such a ripe old age though - even in Suikoden 2, as soon as he heals Ko, he heads right back to his clinic to treat his next patients.

Huan, who casually asks out loud about your bowels every time you walk past. He had no trouble being discrete when Nanami wanted everyone to believe she was dead, though.

Tuta, who shows great skill at a VERY young age, and later on takes after his mentor by having his assistant join your cause before he decides to commit.

Mio, a widow who's patients are mostly suitors pretending to be sick so they can oggle her.

Yu, a doctor who charges extortionate prices to treat his patients and continues to take advantage of Trishtan's hypochondria.

Carrie, a nurse who is actually a better battlefield surgeon than her mentor, since she can heal multiple units at once.

Silva, who doesn't actually cure any of her patients in the storyline. The people of Lordlake just needed water. Lyon was saved by the Dawn Rune and Galleon's first aid before she was carried to Silva's surgery, and Sialeeds was beyond her healing. She makes a pretty good healing unit in battle, though.

Murad, who is a pain in the ass to recruit, but he ends up putting Nethergate's drugs to good use (at least I hope that's what he does) and is a good healing unit in battle.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Doctors 'n Nurses

Post by Sasarai10 »

I'd pick Huan...his got the best personality above all. I guess Tuta has got a good personality too,but he doesn't appear too much in the main plot. I liked Carrie too she was very sweet :mrgreen:

I didn't like Silva because she acted like an old b!tch most of the time,and Yu because he seems to be a quack. He doesn't look like a doctor at all. I was very surprised the first time when i learned that he was one.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

I like Liukan because first, he can fight and can equip a shield. What more can you ask for?

Personality wise though, I guess I'd choose Huan. He seems to be the nicest of them all and looks very compassionate on his patients. Tuta looks like an airhead in III which is just... weird imo (maybe it's his art), but his nurse Mio is quite something.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I'll say Tuta, because...well, its the only one I actually remember, even if is just for the "surprise". To say the truth in general Suikoden doctors don't have much charisma.

If we are talking about who is the more capable, then Likuan is my answer.

PD Carrie is hot 8)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yu is my favourite, he's godlike on Tactics
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Probably Tierkreis' Zahra? That obsession with other races is healthy, I tell you.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Huan all the way! He looks nice and takes care of Tuta. It's important for a doctor to look nice, otherwise you won't trust them.
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Liukan is my choice. He's old and he's mean but he's a damn good doctor.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Mathiu wasn't a doctor besides a tactician? Some children i noticed that they call him "doc"
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

That is a mistranslation.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

But in terms of skill, I think Tuta is the most experienced (in terms of healing patients). Liukan is more like a chemist.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

patapi wrote:Probably Tierkreis' Zahra? That obsession with other races is healthy, I tell you.
Zahra made me laugh. A doctor who looks like some kind of barbaric warlord and is obsessed with dissecting people and animals, and when you take him into combat, he comes armed with a set of claws? Crazy... His nurse seemed completely normal, though.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Have you noticed that the two doctors in S5 are the only ones who wear white coats? I guess that's because of the annoying graphics where everything is so far away so it helps us identify them easier.

I'd be a bit worried in Liukan was stitching up my wound, because he might get his beard tangled up in it. :|
I think Tuta is the only medic who keeps his hair tied up.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Can't you see Goro is the best of them all?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Zahra is definitely the doc with the most character, because he is basically a joke character with his obsession to cure other races.

I like Silva and Murad because they are implemented in the story in a cool way, butt there's nothing really outstanding with them. I dislike Yu because he is so.. ... shallow. First, he wants high prices for the treatment, and then suddenly, he is a good guy.