If you woke up as the Tenkai of a Suikoden game..

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Winterswhite

If you woke up as the Tenkai of a Suikoden game..

Post by Winterswhite »

Well first of all you'd probably wonder why you're a fictional character in a fictional world :roll: ..

But say you came to in the Tenkai's/your preferred FC's body in their very first moment in the game of your choice (or give an answer for more than one). What would you do with your knowledge of what would happen in the future or what fate has planned to have happen to you?

In Suikoden I's case, I'd try to stop the deaths of those who were killed by the Soul Eater to the best of my ability. I know it's a true rune that can change fate and I'd probably have less power with it along with the Soul Eater hurting me but here's what I'd do if I disregarded all that.
.Dispatching Windy at the very first moment sounds like a good idea, but I have no idea how I would do that. She's a powerful magician.
.In Odessa's case, I would have stuck closer to her and attempt to shield her from the soldiers while she helped the child.
.For Gremio, I would have maybe brought Luc or Viki to teleport us outside the Soniere prison when the spores of agony were released, or use a long-ranged weapon to hit the lever, or just maybe even stop Milich from releasing the spores.
.Teo could be a bit more difficult case, he won't stop fighting until Tir (who's me right now) surpasses him which could leave him mortally wounded. Capturing him could cause Alen and Grenseal to fight back who are supposed to join us as they are stars. Maybe I could defeat somehow without hurting him (say knock the sword out of his hands or something) or use water magic as a desperate attempt to keep him alive.
.Ted seems to be the most unavoidable as he is controlled by Windy and the only way out for him is to have the Soul Eater kill him. My first thought would be to have Clive shoot her while being hidden but she's an extremely powerful sorceress. I think any attack for her would be suicidal. My only other option would be to not have Kanaan see him use the Soul Eater but that could change the entire game completely without the Imperials chasing us out.
.If I manage to save Gremio, Leknaat could bring one of the other three back to life but she'd have little reason as they aren't SoDs.
.If the Soul Eater foils my plans, I could at least try to prevent Sanchez from coming along the Shasarazade mission. I don't think anyone would believe me if I said he was a spy (Except maybe Luc since he manages to Tablet).

And that's all I feel like saying. S1 has the most situations I can think of that people would probably try to stop.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: If you woke up as the Tenkai of a Suikoden game..

Post by Wolkendrache »

I don't dare challenging fate. Preventing something would cause unknown consequences (butterfly effect), so I'd be better off following my knowledge.
But as you are more daring than me, I have some recommendations for you regarding Suikoden 2:
- In the beginning tell Jowy to leave the tent before going to sleep, and tell your comrades to jump off the cliff instead of running into the forest in case something like a false flag operation will happen that night.
- When entering Two River for the first time, keep hold of your wallet.
- Don't forget to shout "Nanami!!!" when she gets hit by an arrow in Rockaxe.
- Reveal Elza's next destinations and tell Clive to join you after settling that matter.
- Tell Richmond to use a normal coin.
- In Muse, when Jowy leaves to meet Kage, pay them a visit and ask Kage to join you for 20.000 potch.
- When assisting the circus group's performance, do not move!
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

As Lazlo, I wouldn't change anything. He really doesn't do much anyway.

As Hugo, I would say, "No Lulu, you should stay here in Karaya" when I head to Vinay del Zexay at the beginning. Otherwise, I think Hugo's story moves forward pretty well.

As Tir, I would have told Viktor and Flik to charge Milich as soon as we entered the room in Soniere. You have ample time to grab him before he uses the spores, yet you just stand there doing nothing.

I also probably would have sent a messenger to Teo as soon as I secured Toran Castle letting him know about Ted and Windy. And another one after Kwanda and the Black Rune. I'm sure Teo would find the whole thing puzzling. Like "Why did my son just up and turn traitor for no reason at all? His story sounds a little far-fetched, but Gremio and Cleo both back him up. I've known both of them for years and trust them implicitly. They owe me a great deal. Why would they lie to me? And if they were lying, why this whole nonsense about Windy and True Runes? They could have just spouted some far-Left Viva la Revolution rhetoric. It would be far more plausible. I should investigate this further. Maybe send Grenseal to the capital to check things out."
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

If I woke up as Riou I would elope with Rina. The End.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

If I woke up as Tir, I'd be like "Ted, you know that witch who burned your village to the ground 300 years ago looking for your cursed rune? Well, she's the court magician. You might wanna take a long trip somewhere." :P

If I woke up as Riou, I'd go around waking up all the other boys in camp, and say "Hey, lets tie up Captain Rowd, strip him, bend him over and put a sign above his head saying 'Stick it in me, Luca!' and then we all jump in the river." :twisted:

If I woke up as Lazlo, I'd be like "F#ck off Snowe, Tal's my BBF, and we're gonna go for a hot cruise around the islands." 8)

If I woke up as the Prince of Falenas, I'd be like "Mum, kill the Godwins and Barows, lock Aunty Sialeeds in the dungeon and let me go live in the forest with Zegai." :mrgreen:
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Oh gosh... you guys and your fantasies...

If I were to wake up as the Tenkai, I'd just wait for Leknaat to appear on my bedroom and ask her if she wanna do it. :mrgreen:

You know, play Poker or Chinchirorin.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

@Wataru Hugo isn't a Tenkai..Thomas is the Tenkai in S3,but anyway :P

I don't know what will i do? But....

-If i was Tir i'd punch Gremio in the face...i'd like to see his reaction :mrgreen:
-If i was Riou...hmm...i dunno it's a little confusing here. I'd prefer to travel on my own without Jowy Nanami and Pilika
-If i was Thomas i'd not do anything...i'd just enjoy myself as a castle owner at the age of 15.
-If i was Lazlo i'd cast Chiepoo on the sea....he was annoying all the time when we were exiled :|
-If i was Freyjadour i'd definetely ask my mother to lock Lyon in the dungeon!! :evil:
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

^ Who doesn't hate the "persistent" party members anyway lol.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

At least Gremio had the decency to die half way through the game. Well, Lyon got injured and replaced with Miakis, who is more fun, for a while. Letting Lyon die seems like the decent thing to do - now Roy can have her all to himself in the afterlife. :mrgreen:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:At least Gremio had the decency to die half way through the game. Well, Lyon got injured and replaced with Miakis, who is more fun, for a while. Letting Lyon die seems like the decent thing to do - now Roy can have her all to himself in the afterlife. :mrgreen:

Hahaha true.

I guess we could use the fact that Lyon was a former Nether Gate member as an excuse to lock her up in the dungeon. :mrgreen:

bluemask wrote:^ Who doesn't hate the "persistent" party members anyway lol.
Not at all....i really liked Geddoe's team in S3. I found it really exciting to use a bunch of badass mercenaries from the start :)

edit: i could imagine Gremio responding after punching him in the face "Why Young Master do this? I guess i did something wrong and i deserve the punishment" or sth like that :P
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Gremio the paranoid mother lol.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Gremio nearly kills himself if you joke about his actions at Kwaba being "Unforgivable!" so I don't suppose he'd complain much if you started pimp slapping him.
Get yo' bitch ass in that kitchen and make me stew.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Were I the only one who was happy when Gremio was devoured by the man-eating spores? :|

When i saw that scene for the first time i was like "ufff finally i got rid off him. i don't have to have him in my party anymore". Besides his annoying behavior gameplay-wise he sucked even in the begining. He was the worst among the 5 early party members (Tir,Gremio,Pahn,Cleo,Ted)
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Funny how this developed into jeering Gremio...
In S1 unite attacks were pretty effective, so Gremio wasn't bad as long as Pahn was around.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Sasarai10 wrote:@Wataru Hugo isn't a Tenkai..Thomas is the Tenkai in S3,but anyway :P
The original post said Tenkai/preferred FC. Hugo is my preferred FC.

I may be in the minority here, but I like Gremio, Nanami, and Chiepoo. I don't like Gremio game mechanics-wise, but I like all three of their personalities.