Playing Suikoden with a friend

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Winterswhite

Re: Playing Suikoden with a friend

Post by Winterswhite »

Woah, I've been neglecting this site. Sorry guys, but my friend and I managed to finish Suikoden I while I was inactive. Here's the memorable parts I can remember.

-We compared Zorak to ourselves whenever I talked about suikoden and whenever my friend talked about dragons.
-While preparing Hix at StarDragonStar castle, my friend brought up the fact Tengaar is waiting for us. We thought about what happened if Tir took too long to rescue her.
-When Mathiu suggested to meet the dragon knights, my friend said "Dwagons?"
-My friend was D'awwing at the sleeping dragons in Dragon's Den
-She laughed so hard at the "Please let me fly on a dragon" option. I was waiting for her reaction to that.
-When Black died, my friend joked "That was even sadder than Gremio's death!" but then she admits to not finding it sad at all due to the fact she says she's used to dragons being slayed.
-My friend said Sanchez was the first person she thought of when Mathiu mentioned a spy. She was right.
-Whenever the females in my party fainted, my friend commented it looked like they are having a sleep party behind the boys.
-When Gremio was revived, my friend just went "Oh mah gah!" over and over. Even saying something to her didn't make her stop. She must have been really impacted.
-My friend said we should have brought Gremio to Gregminster to avenge his own death, but I had to decline since he was much too weak. We brought Mina, Kasumi, and Tengaar instead.
-One battle, Tir and Kasumi landed the last two hits. My friend said "Aww, they killed them together!" it happened again and again after that.. Resulting in us repeating "Aww, they killed them together!"
-The Golden Hydra was an epic battle to my friend, since she loved dragons. She commented the anatomy didn't look right to her.
-When Flik and Viktor left the party, my friend pointed out Tir is left with the ladies~
-My friend said she really enjoyed the game and was surprised when I said I didn't like Suikoden 1 as much as the others. She said she's excited for II since I've been saying it's much better.

I'm really excited for what my friend has to say about Suikoden II. I noticed she liked Futch so I'm really excited for her reaction to his return and the Bright sidequest. I hope we'll be able to do it soon!
Djungelurban

Post by Djungelurban »

Definitely a fun read this one. Hope you do something similar for Suikoden II aswell.
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

Agreed! Please keep this one going!
Winterswhite

Post by Winterswhite »

Thanks for all your comments everyone! My friend and I started Suikoden II today.

.When Riou and Jowy appeared in the opening, she said "Shipping." I sighed the fact we're barely starting and she's already shipping characters.
.She was amazed by how fluid the animations were in this game compared to the last.
.My friend joked she had her tissue box ready for this game during the flashback interlude with the names of the important developers.
.When the soldier mentioned he was going to do something with Nanami, my friend said "Bow chika wow wow"
.When Viktor and Flik took Riou to the fort, she said she just suddenly realized they were alive. She forgot about the ending of Suikoden I for a while.
.When we met Barbara, my friend mentioned she reminded her of her own character with the same name. My friend likes to write stories sometimes.
.When my friend wondered where the oil spill came from, we decided that was not oil, but what a soldier with diarrhea left behind. The two of us are so immature.
.My friend answers every question in the game with "It was a dragon."
.My friend commented that when Riou and Jowy were escaping and were at the balcony, that the two were in front of a window.
.My friend asked "Why does everyone like the protagonist?" with Rina, Eilie, and Pohl complimenting him.
.When Rina asked if she could join our party, my friend suggested we choose the pimp option, "It would be my pleasure to travel with a beautiful woman." my friend insisted Jowy was jealous when he went "...." Her headcanon is Jowy's gay for Riou (But I think she does it to be funny. I doubt she wholly believe that.)

We stopped after the performers joined us, she had to go somewhere. I really wanted to see her reaction to the adult conversation though, at least it gives me time to train.
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

Hehe. Diarrhea. What's "shipping" mean?
Winterswhite

Post by Winterswhite »

mackevin06 wrote:Hehe. Diarrhea. What's "shipping" mean?
Shipping is pairing up two fictional characters as a couple.

We played some Suikoden II today, here's some highlights.
-When Rina said she had an adult conversation, my friend went Woah
-When Riou drank from the water in North Sparrow Pass, my friend wondered what if the water is contaminated.
-My friend is loving Nanami so far, she was laughing at everything Nanami was doing in the first meeting.
-She thought Mukumuku was a hamster, but then I pointed out he's a flying squirrel.
-My friend actually thought Bonaparte was cute, contrary to the beliefs of the characters in the game.
-My friend joked the house we found in the woods was Bonaparte's house.
-She actually finds Pilika's third person speech to be adorable. I swear, she loves all the characters the majority of these forums think are annoying. If we ever get to S5, Lyon might even become one of her favorites. :lol:
-When Jowy said Riou was his boyhood friend, my friend misread it as 'Boyfriend' we started laughing over her mistake.
-My friend expected Pilika to become an orphan, dunno why but she predicted right.
- I was surprised my friend recognized Apple, I thought she'd forget her but she didn't. Funny how Apple had such a small role in S1 as a random recruitable needed to get the perfect ending to gaining an important role in S2.
-When Apple said Pilika was the only survivor, my friend stated "And also Hanna"

We stopped shortly after the destruction of Toto, can't wait to see what she thinks of all the other familiar faces we'll see soon, and what she thinks of the memorable scene at Ryube :wink:
Djungelurban

Post by Djungelurban »

What? People don't like Lyon?! What's wrong with you people. She's my all time second favorite game character.
And for the record, Pilika is great too...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

She is the best battle character for most of the game. But no one should be able to like her personality
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Djungelurban wrote:What? People don't like Lyon?! What's wrong with you people. She's my all time second favorite game character.
And for the record, Pilika is great too...
I agree with you about Lyon, but Pilika is just obnoxious.
Djungelurban

Post by Djungelurban »

gildedtalon wrote:She is the best battle character for most of the game. But no one should be able to like her personality
You're bonkers... Her personality IS why I like her. Both her and Miakis are in a league of their own in Suikoverse.
wataru14 wrote:I agree with you about Lyon, but Pilika is just obnoxious.
She's a 5 year old little kid, that goes from having a secure and sheltered life in a safe environment to having her parents slaughtered in front of her, almost being murdered herself by a homicidal mad man in the middle of a blazing inferno, being on the run and in constant mortal danger in a warzone and on top of that, she keeps losing everyone she trusts. She's never experienced anything like this before, she probably can't even process it and the fact that she's not in a complete state of catatonia, and instead just lost the will to speak for a while, is pretty damn impressive.
I think you need to cut her some slack.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Djungelurban wrote:She's a 5 year old little kid, that goes from having a secure and sheltered life in a safe environment to having her parents slaughtered in front of her, almost being murdered herself by a homicidal mad man in the middle of a blazing inferno, being on the run and in constant mortal danger in a warzone and on top of that, she keeps losing everyone she trusts. She's never experienced anything like this before, she probably can't even process it and the fact that she's not in a complete state of catatonia, and instead just lost the will to speak for a while, is pretty damn impressive.
I don't like kids. At all. I find them pretty much unilaterally obnoxious. Especially kids in popular media (movies and video games and such). There is a very VERY narrow subset of kids that I like.
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

This is awesome. I hope you're still doing this!
Long time lurker...
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Djungelurban wrote:
gildedtalon wrote:She is the best battle character for most of the game. But no one should be able to like her personality
You're bonkers... Her personality IS why I like her. Both her and Miakis are in a league of their own in Suikoverse.
wataru14 wrote:I agree with you about Lyon, but Pilika is just obnoxious.
She's a 5 year old little kid, that goes from having a secure and sheltered life in a safe environment to having her parents slaughtered in front of her, almost being murdered herself by a homicidal mad man in the middle of a blazing inferno, being on the run and in constant mortal danger in a warzone and on top of that, she keeps losing everyone she trusts. She's never experienced anything like this before, she probably can't even process it and the fact that she's not in a complete state of catatonia, and instead just lost the will to speak for a while, is pretty damn impressive.
Pilika does nothing throughout the entire game. No character development. She's mute the vast majority she's with you.
I think you give her way too much credit.

As for Lyon, I liked her, but not as much as you seem to like her. She was a fun character, but I found others better. No way are her and Miakis in a league of their own. That spot is reserved for Viktor.