Experienced Suikoden Player Facepalm

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
bluemask

Re: Experienced Suikoden Player Facepalm

Post by bluemask »

Wolkendrache wrote:Back then I didn't know it was possible to beat Teo with Pahn, so if Pahn didn't appear in the character list after losing the duel I reloaded until he did. Basically I was waiting for the glitch to trigger, and I still don't know what made it trigger.
Same thing happened to me... I thought it was scripted. Too bad when I learned of it (I can barely use the internet that time), I was already past Gremio's revival scene.. ugh.

Oh and another one: Recruiting Lester was the most facepalm-ing part for me! I was wondering who the last empty star was, watching the credits. With the help of the internet (again), I was able to get him lol.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

bluemask wrote:
Oh and another one: Recruiting Lester was the most facepalm-ing part for me! I was wondering who the last empty star was, watching the credits. With the help of the internet (again), I was able to get him lol.
Many of us had problems recruiting Lester. It's very obvious since there is a false information within the game,because one of the books mentions that he can be found in Moravia instead of Kirov,so i guess many of us where keep searching around Moravia for hours :evil: I had the impression that he was on the top floor of the castle on that last room which is always locked :lol:

I don't understand why the wrong info... :|
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Sasarai10 wrote:
bluemask wrote:
Many of us had problems recruiting Lester. It's very obvious since there is a false information within the game,because one of the books mentions that he can be found in Moravia instead of Kirov,so i guess many of us where keep searching around Moravia for hours :evil: I had the impression that he was on the top floor of the castle on that last room which is always locked :lol:

Even if the Old Book had correct info (location), I'm pretty sure it will not mention talking to the stew.... Just who talks to objects randomly!?!?
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

My wife does, she's trying to speak to absolutely EVERY item because she's afraid of missing some secret. She likes to hoard in game. That's why she found Lester immediately.

(should I change my avatar for a picture of Columbo or something?)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

bluemask wrote: Even if the Old Book had correct info (location), I'm pretty sure it will not mention talking to the stew.... Just who talks to objects randomly!?!?

Lately i do it 8)

BrucePrintscreen wrote:My wife does, she's trying to speak to absolutely EVERY item because she's afraid of missing some secret. She likes to hoard in game. That's why she found Lester immediately.

(should I change my avatar for a picture of Columbo or something?)

Hahahaha she's a perfectionist like me then :mrgreen:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I never understood why "old books" often have up-to-date information on antique prices, current trends, and people's residences and career status anyway.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:I never understood why "old books" often have up-to-date information on antique prices, current trends, and people's residences and career status anyway.
mistranslation probably? it's a common mistake in Suikoden... :|
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

sticky-runes wrote:I never understood why "old books" often have up-to-date information on antique prices, current trends, and people's residences and career status anyway.
Great point! Maybe it was written by Leknaat? In the same vein, I never understood why there is a weapon journal in FF VIII and you simply don't order the missing issues.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Maybe Old Books are an offspring of the Rune of Change, giving them the capability to auto-update.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
tovath

Post by tovath »

I like that idea ;-)
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Oh right, it's supposed to be "Orudo Borukuru".
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

bluemask wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:
bluemask wrote:

Even if the Old Book had correct info (location), I'm pretty sure it will not mention talking to the stew.... Just who talks to objects randomly!?!?
/wave I have always done so, games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Lufia and the likes always had hidden things in drawers. As I mentioned in another topic, the last statue opposite Kraze's office in Suikoden I has 100 Potch when you "talk to it".
sticky-runes wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:
I don't think it translates to what you think it translates to.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

/wave I have always done so, games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Lufia and the likes always had hidden things in drawers. As I mentioned in another topic, the last statue opposite Kraze's office in Suikoden I has 100 Potch when you "talk to it".
These are the only occurences in the first game you need to do that. It's common in any other RPG, though.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Piisuke wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote: mistranslation probably? it's a common mistake in Suikoden... :|
I don't think it translates to what you think it translates to.
Upon digging, I found this. In the Japanese version, it's called Ruihon (ふるい本), which means "Similar Books". So 'Old Book' is another guess by the translators.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Google translate gives me Old Book as a translation, in English and German. Also, it's Furui hon.