Experienced Suikoden Player Facepalm

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Piisuke

Re: Experienced Suikoden Player Facepalm

Post by Piisuke »

Couldn't get past the painting puzzle in Neclord's castle in Suikoden I, due to lack of understanding the English language at the time. I was about 13 years old, or something.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

^Aren't you an Englishman? You live in London?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Living in the UK =/= Born in the UK ;)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I used to think the white thing on the CutRabbit's forehead was a giant eyeball or something.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I used to think the white thing on the CutRabbit's forehead was a giant eyeball or something.
Wait WHAT lol. They always creeped me out because they looked like mutants with this giant eye. And now I see that it is... does he wear bangs? what is it?

But omg.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's a helmet/plate thing. And I didn't realize this until I played the PC version with it's clearer sprites.

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/pc/cutrabbit.png
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Looks more like a glove. But you're right, in this version it's pretty clear. Pew, now they're not as strange as before, thanks Raww.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:It's a helmet/plate thing. And I didn't realize this until I played the PC version with it's clearer sprites.

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/pc/cutrabbit.png

Ohhhh... I thought it was like a quif, or something...
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I thought Riou's circulet made him look like he was crying or extremely miserable. Really bothered me for awhile.
Winterswhite

Post by Winterswhite »

I thought runes were consumable items in your inventory that you access through your runes option. It didn't help Jowy had a Flaming Arrows scroll. I disliked consumable attacking items in most RPGs so when I found my first rune shop I ignored it. It wasn't until I watched some videos when I was stuck on the abomination I learned about how runes worked.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I just had a dumb moment I thought i'd share.

I just cleared the Dwarf vault in suikoden 1 and got back to the village of the dwarves. I was looking through my inventory, checking what items I should keep hold of ready for when I take Pannu Yakuta, and I thought I should hand the Killer Crystal over to Gremio so I could give it to Kurmomi later. Trouble is, I had forgotten that I was not in the inventory menu, I was in the shopping menu. So as soon as I selected the Killer rune it got sold to the dwarvern shopkeeper. :cry:
And because it's not Skyrim, I can't buy it back off the shopkeeper.
And I hadn't saved since before going into the vault, so if I wanted the killer crystal back, I would have to reload to before going into the vault (which was only about 20 mins ago, but I really can't be bothered.)
So I'm letting it go. Killer runes aren't that good any way. If it were the sun beam crystal ,then I might have reloaded.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Winterswhite wrote:I thought runes were consumable items in your inventory that you access through your runes option. It didn't help Jowy had a Flaming Arrows scroll. I disliked consumable attacking items in most RPGs so when I found my first rune shop I ignored it. It wasn't until I watched some videos when I was stuck on the abomination I learned about how runes worked.
Came from standard RPG of SNES/Genesis and FF, Suikoden's rune system confuses me a lot at first.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote: And I hadn't saved since before going into the vault, so if I wanted the killer crystal back, I would have to reload to before going into the vault (which was only about 20 mins ago, but I really can't be bothered.)
This dungeon is the most tedious of the game, ain't it? It don't know why but I find it particularily annoying. Something about the horrible colour of the walls and floor, perhaps. There's a claustrophobic feeling in the dwarf's vault that you don't even find in caves.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
sticky-runes wrote: And I hadn't saved since before going into the vault, so if I wanted the killer crystal back, I would have to reload to before going into the vault (which was only about 20 mins ago, but I really can't be bothered.)
This dungeon is the most tedious of the game, ain't it? It don't know why but I find it particularily annoying. Something about the horrible colour of the walls and floor, perhaps. There's a claustrophobic feeling in the dwarf's vault that you don't even find in caves.
Exactly, the dwarves vault has a horrible design. At least the caves have some nice rocky textures, and the castles have pretty furnishings, they're a bit more airy. But the vault is very drab and sega megadrive-ish, looks like a factory or spaceship dungeon that belongs in one of those old Phantasy Star games. I just wanna get it over and done with every time that part of the game comes up.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Facepalm of the day, no pun intended: I noticed for the first time that, in Suikoden 2, when you defeat Antonio in the cooking contest, he doesn't facepalm like other chefs, he just shrugs and tilts his head in a very Italian fashion :D

Perhaps something to add somewhere to the website ? (I sometimes feel like we are doing the exegesis of suikoden here)