If you you were the hero in each game....

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: If you you were the hero in each game....

Post by sticky-runes »

Ugh, Quincy. "Hmm, I'll think about joining you when you have, say, 22 more recruits who are better fighters than me so they can protect me if the enemy shows up?"
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Rachael wrote:1-5: Probably anyone I have to spend money or play mini-games to recruit. That would just be so out of character for me. (Granted, it's also out of character for me to be the leader of an army, but still.)

1: Maybe Quincy, for acting like it's a big favori on his part to join my army. I'd just be like, "Whatever, bro."

2: Hoi. No sense in getting beat up with this guy. Plus, I'm a woman, so no one would mistake him for me. Also Sid, because despite the fact that Chaco is a little brat, Sid is just cruel.

3: Billy. Can't stand him. He's a terrible father and an all-around jerk.

4: JANGO AND BREC. Hygiene is very important to me. Although these characters aren't really optional, so I guess they don't count. :( Too bad.

5: Wilhelm and Mueller. One is a pervert, the other is an abusive jerk. These two need to die, seriously.

Jango & Brec are optional...they'll appear when you have more stars :)

I really wonder how Mueller accepted to be Willhelm's underling...i thought that he was the type who would always like to be the boss,but yes those 2 are just scumbags.
But at least they make up for it for being excellent commanders in War battles
zqrahll

Post by zqrahll »

The main 2 that come to mind are Snowe & Chaco. I have a lot of trouble not executing Snowe every chance I get-- in fact, I save often & only kept him alive the first time so that I could see all of the times I could execute him. Chaco is a worthless little punk that I would kick to the curb immediately.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Shouldn't Jango & Brec have come with their own pirate ship? focking squatters.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Shouldn't Jango & Brec have come with their own pirate ship? focking squatters.

I guess they did...after all how did they get on your ship?

It would be better if you could trigger a naval battle at that certain point of the game by entering
at the war room just like when you recruit Ted,and then if you would defeat them they'd join...but unfortunately S4 was a bit undeveloped :(
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Sasarai10 wrote:Jango & Brec are optional...they'll appear when you have more stars :)

I really wonder how Mueller accepted to be Willhelm's underling...i thought that he was the type who would always like to be the boss,but yes those 2 are just scumbags.
But at least they make up for it for being excellent commanders in War battles
Well, I'd willingly recruit most of the stars in S4, enough for those two to show up. And if I didn't recruit them they'd just stay in my room. Yuck.

GOOD, I'm glad there's someone else who agrees with me on Wilhelm and Mueller.

Oh, look, you're named after my present favorite character. Or is my present favorite character named after you?

Seriously, I would recruit Sasarai and Dios even if they were optional. I love those two.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Rachael wrote:
Well, I'd willingly recruit most of the stars in S4, enough for those two to show up. And if I didn't recruit them they'd just stay in my room. Yuck.

GOOD, I'm glad there's someone else who agrees with me on Wilhelm and Mueller.

Oh, look, you're named after my present favorite character. Or is my present favorite character named after you?

Seriously, I would recruit Sasarai and Dios even if they were optional. I love those two.

Yeah i'm named after him because by the time i registered on this forum i was playing S3 and Sasarai was my favorite. I always found cool the idea of playing as one of your former enemies.

Bad thing is,that there's a very limited time frame within the game where you can use Sasarai...he is only available during the last major battle and before the final battle against TW Rune :(

Dios on the other hand is utterly useless...the first time i played the game i was really dissapointed for seeing him being just a support character with a "C" Discount ability...and he isn't even participating in major battles...when he is your enemy he is a Unit Leader and when he is your ally he isn't even participating in major battles....damn :|
At least he should be playable in regular battles...WTF,he carries a SWORD...why isn't he playable? :roll:

Now judging his personality....nothing special,just Sasarai's right hand man.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Dios is awesome in the manga adaptation of Suikoden 3, he actually does fight to protect Sasarai. I was very disappointed with his performance in the actual game.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Sasarai10 wrote:Yeah i'm named after him because by the time i registered on this forum i was playing S3 and Sasarai was my favorite. I always found cool the idea of playing as one of your former enemies.

Bad thing is,that there's a very limited time frame within the game where you can use Sasarai...he is only available during the last major battle and before the final battle against TW Rune :(

Dios on the other hand is utterly useless...the first time i played the game i was really dissapointed for seeing him being just a support character with a "C" Discount ability...and he isn't even participating in major battles...when he is your enemy he is a Unit Leader and when he is your ally he isn't even participating in major battles....damn :|
At least he should be playable in regular battles...WTF,he carries a SWORD...why isn't he playable? :roll:

Now judging his personality....nothing special,just Sasarai's right hand man.
Yeah, as a support character, it's like they weren't trying at all. :( And of course he doesn't fight, that sword is just an ornament, weren't you listening? :P

But personality-wise...What are you talking about? This guy is all about personality. I like his backstory--that he has no social skills so no one really likes him. Sasarai is the one person who appreciates his ability and his friendship. Yes, they are totally BFF. And Sasarai seems like the kind of person who doesn't have a lot of friends. Because of his position, and because he was basically raised in the temple. He's got something special with Dios, totally, they're my BroTP.

And he is so DONE with everything. I love his lack of enthusiasm about battles, "Okay, let's get this over with before dinnertime." "The thought is tempting, but I'd rather go home." Then when he joins you he writes you little notes about how he'd like to pet Fubar and about how it weirded him out that Leo and Wan Fu were engaging in bath battles. And Kidd says he's proud of his sideburns. Come on. That's cute. That's adorable.

Dios, deep down, is a passionate man. But he's still a man, and you know Harmonian men are all like REAL MEN DON'T SHOW EMOTION but he just can't hide it all the time, the poor dear. Seriously, I even loved Dios back when I didn't give a toss about Sasarai.

Also, the only reason I came to like Nash was because I imagine him and Dios bantering back and forth, Dios being like, "You are SUCH a bad influence on Bishop Sasarai with your womanizing and your drinking." They don't interact in the game, but surely they know each other. Sasarai is the bridge between them.

Oh, noooo, you're got me in fangirl mode, what have you done?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

but sticky-runes mentioned that he actually fights in the manga... :roll:

S3 is really a nice game story-wise....i liked how Luc's former allies (Duke's Unit,Le Buque and Harmonian armies along with bishop Sasarai when Luc's revealed his ID,and finally Albert along with Yuber as he use to do when his side is going to lose) abandoned him one by one during the last chapter,except Sarah who died by his side. I always found cool the idea of playing with your former enemies.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

He does try to fight to protect Sasarai, though, even in the game. It's just he doesn't really need to before then...and then, well, he's up against such a powerful enemy that he loses immediately. Ha.

And yes, I do like him in the manga, too. Especially when he rescues Sasarai. (To be honest, I've only read a little bit of the manga.) SO COOL. OMG.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

The manga made Dios a lot more dashing. I've got the whole collection of Suikoden 3 manga, haven't read it back to back in a long time, though. I like how it gave Futch a more prominent role in the story, and some of the major death scenes were very well done.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Annallee. I hate reading that stuttering little ninny's dialogue every time I go to recruit her. The rest of her band can f#ck off as well. Especially Alberto, who says he's concerned about Annallee, but can't actually be recruited unless you've got both her and Pico. Yeah, great job on that, S2 team.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Annallee. I hate reading that stuttering little ninny's dialogue every time I go to recruit her. The rest of her band can f#ck off as well. Especially Alberto, who says he's concerned about Annallee, but can't actually be recruited unless you've got both her and Pico. Yeah, great job on that, S2 team.

Yeah,practically Alberto and Pico do nothing in your HQ,similar with Marlowe and Fitcher...you can listen S2's soundtrack by having just Annalee...also Annalee is very useful in war battles with her Encourage skill...by recruiting the other 2 you'll just get...2 extra animations in the song selection screen :|
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Fitcher is useless gameplay-wise in the castle but story-wise he proves on several occasion that he is more than meet the eyes, he's actually resourceful and clever, I like him.