Suikoden and Me...

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
LadyAthena

Suikoden and Me...

Post by LadyAthena »

I remember when I was really young I bought Suikoden III back when it first came out. I loved it, but was to young to really understand it fully. I sold it, but remembered how fun it was. Years later I rack my brain trying to remember the name of these games! I couldn't for the life of me find it.

Then I did... Oh...My. God. I got Suikoden III again, half way through it, and am I glad I got it again.. But holy cow are Suikoden games expensive! x.x;;;; Which they should be, it is an amazing story, with 5 games which relate to each other. (I think anyway right?!).

They just don't make games like they used too. Games these days, the story's are bland and mediocre compared to even half of the older games story lines, and I feel Suikoden goes past even the norm of old games depth. <33

I was wonderfully surprised to see there's even an active website for this game, which I thought for sure was long dead and everyone had moved on.. Hello my Suikoden fans <3
EstrangedIX

Re: Suikoden and Me...

Post by EstrangedIX »

Welcome, LadyAthena :D

Many of us feel the same way. Best series ever, imho. SIII's probably my favorite of the bunch.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
LadyAthena

Post by LadyAthena »

EstrangedIX wrote:Welcome, LadyAthena :D

Many of us feel the same way. Best series ever, imho. SIII's probably my favorite of the bunch.
I'm about to buy and download Suikoden I on the PSN. I hope PSN gets the other games as well. <3 And ty for the welcome ^.^
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Have you played the others in the series?
LadyAthena

Post by LadyAthena »

sticky-runes wrote:Have you played the others in the series?
I believe I've played IV as well, but can't remember.
Son_of_Genkaku

Post by Son_of_Genkaku »

I was fortunate enough to find a used copy of S2 for cheap back in 2000 or 2001. The cover art and description on the back looked interesting so I gave it a shot. It is by far my favorite game of all time. I played through countless times growing up, and to this day I still find new things that I didn't know existed in the game before. I now own the entire U.S. release of the series save for Tierkreis, but Suikoden 2 will always be my favorite.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Welcome, LadyAthena (love the username BTW). I've been a fan of the Suikoden series since the first game came out in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. The fan community is not as active as it was in the past, but the fact that a site like this still exists with new content and discussions is a testament to how beloved and wonderful the games are.
suikiko03

Post by suikiko03 »

hello guys... im new here ... but im a suiko fanatic since 1-5 ... i already visit this site before ... and this is the only time that i register here ... hahaha
but i still remember the game ... i still miss to play suikoden ... and still waiting for a next series that is not in japanese ... wish there could be a next series for suikoden ...
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Hey... we all have learned to love Suikoden since it came out :) So yes... we know how you feel. I remember the very first day I purchased Suikoden 1. I played... recruited 100 Stars of Destiny and I was really pissed, because I missed the rest. Then I played it for the second time, and third time, and fourth time... it never gets old.

Then Suikoden 2 hits the stores! Ran to the shop, bought it, played it... and same went for the rest :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de