SV sure loves beating women

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
suiken

SV sure loves beating women

Post by suiken »

One thing that I noticed in the plot. Sure women are more powerful than male in terms of political power in Falena, but I think the population is still dominated by the males. While other titles in the series also fight a woman, this tops the frequency when it comes to fighting women. III can be justified because the POV is shared through different perspectives. And I'm not a sexist. I just want to point it out.

- The duel with Miakis
- Fight with Alenia
- Fight with Faylen (At least Faylon got her back)
- Duel with Lorelai (At least you have an option to pick Lyon or prince)
- Fight with Nikea
- Fight with Sialeeds
Belle

Re: SV sure loves beating women

Post by Belle »

I think your memory is just selective (if you're suggesting only women get fought).

You can also duel males Shoon, Chuck, Roy, Childerich, Gizel, and Dolph.
And fight Childerich/Dolph (separate fight), Euram (twice, though I suppose his status as a real man is debatable :P), Faylon (though with Faylen), Bahram Luger, Galleon, Zahhak, and whoever this season's Ain Gide was. You know, the blond guy who made the speech about Marscal's wife's body being buried in Stormfist. With a portrait as unintentionally hilarious as it was representative of the moment. Oh, and Marscal if you count whole final boss thing.
suiken

Post by suiken »

I know that. I just pointing out that in all in the series, V have the most frequency in the series. II only have Lucia. And in I, you don't even have to beat the crap out of Sonya. III is excusable like I said because it is showed on different perspectives.
suiken

Post by suiken »

The closest thing to V is IV. Let's see they have Maxine, Mizuki and Mitsuba and that's it. I forgot you also have to fight Sierra in II.
s21

Post by s21 »

suiken wrote:I know that. I just pointing out that in all in the series, V have the most frequency in the series. II only have Lucia. And in I, you don't even have to beat the crap out of Sonya. III is excusable like I said because it is showed on different perspectives.
doesn't that means gender equality? more women becoming major characters, so more women getting beat up :p
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

that's the problem with having a state ruled by the matriarchy. You get all these other bitches that wanna step up and need to be put back in line. Get 'em off the throne and back in the kitchen, I say! :wink:
suiken

Post by suiken »

Hahaha! +1

Well they don't need to fight by themselves. They should have pulled a Euram in the first place. Unfortunately, they have bigger balls than Euram.