Worst Suikoden Character

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Antimatzist

Re: Worst Suikoden Character

Post by Antimatzist »

Deborah is ok. Oscar should have been killed in the last Major Battle. "Oh no, Oscar fell from the ship!"-"Eh, Leader, didn't you push him?" Isn't he also one of the few characters in the series that you don't really recruit, but that just appear at your hq?

Suikoden IV had really worse characters than Chiepoo who I mostly dislike for his stupid looks.

Like Helmut - he's not "worst" but totally uninspired It's like "Hey, let's do the Kiba/Klaus thing with Colton/Helmut!", but then they ran out of ideas and didn't know what to do with him/them.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Oskar at least has a high rank in Find Treasure. I always take him with me while hunting for crafting materials. Otherwise, yeah, he is obnoxious.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

sticky-runes wrote: Seriously? Even those beavers?
May be you're talking about personalities because gameplay wise they are decent, also the best navy units for war battles.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Punkaiser wrote:
sticky-runes wrote: Seriously? Even those beavers?
May be you're talking about personalities because gameplay wise they are decent, also the best navy units for war battles.
Please see my response to Pokerface's post about the "gnaw" ability (yeah, I double-posted. My bad.)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You know who I hate probably more than any other character I've mentioned?

The cook from Suikoden 3.

God, she's one stroppy little twat. Got that really snooty look on her face like she can't be bothered to deal with anyone. All the other chefs in Suikoden games have been sweet and bubbly and happy to serve you (and their food doesn't go off) and Suikoden 3 gives us this miserable cunt who's all "Eat something. Eat quickly." I found out recently she's the daughter of that Bashok guy from Suikoden 2, who challenged Hai Yo so he could earn the money for her operation. Think I'll take pleasure in defeating him next time I play that game.
TMan

Post by TMan »

My least favorite characters are, without a doubt, the ones that genuinely had no character. Characters who were recruited with little-to-no dialog or backstory and continued to sit around doing almost nothing in your castle.

But of the characters that do have character, I'd say
S1- Yep, Gremio
S2- Zamza springs to mind. Also, am I seriously the only person who likes Nanami?
S3- Idk its been too long since I've played it.
S4- Probably any of the initial characters (Paula and them). Like someone said above, everything they say and do seems so half-assed and flat.
S5- Definitely the beavers. Also, Lyon really didn't annoy me that much. Though really the villains in this game were so absurdly dull that I'm tempted to list any of them. (except the fat stupid father of Euram whose name escapes me, he was actually surprisingly interesting)

I liked Snowe's character despite how ridiculously badly handled his arc was. Also, Chiepoo's character is quite interesting. It's his voice and appearance and movement that make him so incredibly grating. He's a caring little guy who just wants to earn enough money to become a merchant.

I have no legitimate reason to hate Zamza as much as I do.

Also, I really don't like Kasumi. I know that's going o be an unpopular opinion
Dreams do die
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

nah, quite a few people don't care about Kasumi. She's a dull little twat, really. Valeria FTW.

I have come around to liking Chiepoo now that people have spoken up for him. I don't mind his movements either, because he brings a bit of diversity to the cut scenes. You've got all your regular human characters, and there's Chiepoo licking himself when his fur gets wet, and he goes slit-eyed when he's angry or scared. I recognize his voice from a few anime shows as well.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

As I'm replaying Tactics, let me introduce you the 4 most worthless Suikoden characters ever:

Blue Mercenary. Yellow Mercenary. Red Mercenary. Mercenary Leader.

Really, what were they thinking? They don't have names!!!! They have no personality!!! Even Ameria looks like a really deep character (and all we know about her is that she worked as a bodyguard and likes make-up.)
Belle

Post by Belle »

I don't know about worst character. But there are characters that I simply dislike.

Well, Graham CrayCray-- err, Graham CRAY might be the worst, simply because he's so dull despite being the main villain of Suikoden IV. I know he has this backstory where he was working under Elenor, and he lost his kid (as well as his arm) to the Rune of Punishment, but I just can't get into him as a character.

Characters I dislike are Gorudo, Kanaan, Kraze, and Gizel Godwin. And Darrel of Muse, if off-screen characters count. Truly disgusting people when it comes to personality. Which says a lot... I'd put them even below cretins like Rowd, Neclord and Salum Barows. (Actually, at least Rowd had a reason for screwing over the Youth Brigade...not that it justifies his actions in the least.)

Also I'd like to punch Lu in the face at least once. Though I'm sure she'd be far less annoying as an adult.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

*gulp* Red Mercenary is one of my favourite characters in the suikoden series for being so badass, countering, parrying, and critical on a regular basis. He's the hardest, I always have to use the highest level of damaging skills to beat him coz he will avoid almost every attack directed towards him

I love Nanami, if you have Double Beat and Fury, she will be my best character for a long time because of her speed, tends to attack even more than twice in a turn, she has some kind of in-built battlelust haha. Like Riou, she crits often as well
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

He's ok as an enemy, but when you recruit him, he is so worthless. I mean what did Konami think? "I think this game needs ANOTHER 1H-Swordsman and let's not give him a name and make him completely mediocre like the other 1H-Swordsmen)".
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Isn't he the best 1H swordsman in the game?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gildedtalon wrote:Isn't he the best 1H swordsman in the game?
I'd say no, but we definitely need a stat growth guide for this game.^^
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Maybe only Hervey is better than him while Trishtan is the tankiest
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I thought the Mercs were pretty good, they're a nice pay-off for completing all of the guild quests in the right order. They are not absolutely essential story-wise, so you don't have to feel too cut up if you screw up and don't get them (like I did last time I played Tactics and did an X and co. quest without realising it!) what they really should have done is given us an axe user, and maybe a fist fighter and knife thrower, because those types of characters are so rare in this game. we get plenty of sword and spear users.

I love Graham Cray. It's not very often you meet someone who has mutilated himself to be rid of a rune, so that makes him a bit unique. He's got a nicely shaped face, and that sexy voice and I like his gauntlet.