Worst Suikoden Character

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: Worst Suikoden Character

Post by sticky-runes »

wataru14 wrote:I like Chiepoo. A lot. You need some levity in a heavy and dark game like SIV. Everyone just goes around constantly moping about the Rune of Punishment and Lazlo's impending death and all that. It's nice to have someone positive around. And, other than Lino, Chiepoo is the only one who comes across (in my mind) as geniunely caring about Lazlo. Tal/Paula/Keneth/Jewel's concern always seems flat, insincere and half-assed to me. Everyone else cares more about what Lazlo represents and his burden and blah blah blah, but no one ever seems to care for Lazlo himself other than Chiepoo. I like his voice, I like his personality, and I love him in combat. Sure, he's no mage and only has good Earth affinity, but get him to high levels and he's an awesome three-Rune-Slot warrior with awesome STR, SPD, SKL and LUK. He's a monster at high level.
I like S4's mostly dark and gloomy feel, but for comic relief, I preferred characters like Setsu and Dario. Good on you for sticking up for Chiepoo, though.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Chiepoo is pretty underrated imho. And I don't hate Chaco, but I prefer the Sid/Landis variety of Winger.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Suikoden 1: Gremio takes the cake
Suikoden 2: Nanami, Jess and Nina
Suikoden 3: Jefferson takes the cake
Suikoden 4: Snowe takes the cake
Suikoden 5: humm..... difficult to say. I don't see any "worst charakters" there, because they are all great.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Pokerface wrote: Suikoden 5: humm..... difficult to say. I don't see any "worst charakters" there, because they are all great.
Seriously? Even those beavers?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
Seriously? Even those beavers?

Or Lyon especially....the ultra-annoying bodyguard...yuck :evil: :evil: :evil:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yes, I also hate Lyon, however she's my favourite character to use in battle, she crits and multihits often from the beginning till the end.

She is irreplaceable on my team coz I never farm those overpowered rune setups :D
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:Yes, I also hate Lyon, however she's my favourite character to use in battle, she crits and multihits often from the beginning till the end.

She is irreplaceable on my team coz I never farm those overpowered rune setups :D

Yeah in battle she is ok,but her personality is one of the worst in Suikoden games... :evil:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Lyon's duel with Dolph was pretty badass. I just wish they didn't make her voice and dialogue so cringeworthy.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Chiepoo is awesome, dammit!

How do people say Chiepoo is the worst in Suikoden IV when you have characters like Deborah....
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Well the Beavers are damn good when it comes to major battles. Their "Gnaw" Ability is brilliant, also don't forget Fuwalafuwalu's Flowing Rune. It saved my hide a lot of times. Similar to the Dragon Cavalry they are efficient on land and water.

So yes... I don't think the beavers are annoying... no... :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Piisuke wrote:Chiepoo is awesome, dammit!

How do people say Chiepoo is the worst in Suikoden IV when you have characters like Deborah....
Deborah helps remind me what characters I haven't recruited yet. But her little pet Oskar can go f#ck himself.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Pokerface wrote:Well the Beavers are damn good when it comes to major battles. Their "Gnaw" Ability is brilliant, also don't forget Fuwalafuwalu's Flowing Rune. It saved my hide a lot of times. Similar to the Dragon Cavalry they are efficient on land and water.

So yes... I don't think the beavers are annoying... no... :)
Just because they were a useful gaming mechanic doesn't stop them from being a sh!t idea. I mean, it's a big emotional RPG with all these complex relationships and stories of queens killing each other and drug abusing assassins, and they give us a bunch of fuzzy talking beavers to stop it from getting too scarey. We don't need that sh!t. Leave the light-hearted cutesy moments to characters like Viki, Lu, Norma and Ernst.

A giant flying rabbit that craps exploding pianos would have been useful to have on our side in battle. Doesn't mean it would have been a good idea to bring it into a Suikoden game. Just saying.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I hate both Oskar and Deborah. Such people deserve to be fed to the sharks in the ocean :evil:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

If they'd made Deborah a bit more like Hellion from S1 - an ask kicking elderly sorceress, and Oskar into her apprentice, and had their relationship a bit more like Estella and Rody from S3, then that could have been pretty cool. Unfortunately, they took a more mundane root with the characters.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

They just remind me of Esmeralda.