Baby names

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Aerolithe Lion

Baby names

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/ ... =255607302

Check out the second female name, I didn't even know that was common
EstrangedIX

Re: Baby names

Post by EstrangedIX »

I didn't think it was common either. Ted and Max made the boys' list also. I've never personally met a ted, but I've known a few Maxes.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

:shock: Millie is such a cute name, I'd call my daughter that, and then buy her this t-shirt

http://media.fakeposters.com/results/20 ... un95eg.jpg
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've met quite a few Millies, but most of them were elderly women... Perhaps it's come back in fashion or something?

But Millie isn't exactly one of the most exotic names from the suikoden series...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

What's so strange about that??? And George is a common name for example but this doesn't mean the child was named after Georg Prime.

But if someone has named his child,"Yuber" or "Killey" then he is absolutely a Suikoden fan. :lol:

sticky-runes wrote:I've met quite a few Millies, but most of them were elderly women... Perhaps it's come back in fashion or something?

But Millie isn't exactly one of the most exotic names from the suikoden series...

But there's a new name in second place on the girls' list: Millie (English, short of Millicent, Amelia, Camilla, Mildred)

from http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/ ... =255607302
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

I particularly like the names Camus and Flik. If I ever have a boy, he'll have one of those names.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I don't mean this directed toward the character at all, but I find Flik to be a very meager name. "Flik, meet Punch. He's a lot bigger than you." Flik, Flea, Meak, they all seem like insult-type names.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Flik, flick, I'm gonna flick ya off!

Seriously though, most of the names from Suikoden are gathered from somewhere, it's not surprising people use them later.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Isn't Flick the main ant from A Bug's Life?

Viktor is a much sexier name.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

STRONGLY disagree, the name 'Viktor' always makes me think of Viktor Krum (the Harry Potter books Krum, not the film version) who is far from sexy; plus, Viktor in Suikoden - while a brilliant character - doesn't really do it for me, he's far too much of a man, very burly and rugged.

Flik is a very sexy name, however, mainly because it's nice and unusual - rolls off the tongue nicely. Lol.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Viktor's too much of a man for you, huh? Well I like men to be men, no pretty boys for me. Might as well go for a girl. And I've never read or watched any harry potter, and don't intend to. I'm more into high fantasy, like Conan and Wheel of Time, and I think Viktor fits in better with those sorts of universes!
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

LadyCyclone wrote:STRONGLY disagree, the name 'Viktor' always makes me think of Viktor Krum (the Harry Potter books Krum, not the film version) who is far from sexy; plus, Viktor in Suikoden - while a brilliant character - doesn't really do it for me, he's far too much of a man, very burly and rugged.

Flik is a very sexy name, however, mainly because it's nice and unusual - rolls off the tongue nicely. Lol.

You can combine the two, Fliktor or Vikflik.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

LOL - if you mean by 'too much of a man' a big old brute, then yes. And the Harry Potter books are excellent, you should read them; not really into men like the 'Conan the Barbarian' types. Why do I have a funny feeling that you may have a thing for that one in Suikoden V who was all over Lyon? Am I right? He fits the bill!

Fliktor? Nah. And definitely not Vikflik!
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Flick was the name of the kid who got his tongue stuck to the flagpole in A Christmas Story.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

LadyCyclone wrote:LOL - if you mean by 'too much of a man' a big old brute, then yes. And the Harry Potter books are excellent, you should read them; not really into men like the 'Conan the Barbarian' types. Why do I have a funny feeling that you may have a thing for that one in Suikoden V who was all over Lyon? Am I right? He fits the bill!

Fliktor? Nah. And definitely not Vikflik!
LOL, when playing Suikoden II, I would always refer to Flik and Viktor together as "Fliktor". So much so, that when Suikoden III came out, I nick-named Edge "Fliktor" because he seemed like a combination of the two.
PSN: FreshMetal80