Equipment

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
mackevin06

Equipment

Post by mackevin06 »

I was just wondering if anybody else gives certain characters certain equipment. Or is it just me? For example, I always give Flik Silver Hat, Armor, and Shield, along with the Thunder and Warrior runes. I'd like to hear other cases of "I have to have THIS stuff on this character no matter what." Unless it's Sheena/Killey/Hai Yo with Double-Beat, Fury, and Double-Strike. Heard it already :roll:

And if this was posted in the wrong place, I apologize. :oops:
Aerolithe Lion

Re: Equipment

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I always give Queen the Blood Armor during Geddoe's PoV. She's an absolute monster with it early in the game
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

I always give Fred the Blood Armor. Not sure why but I always do. And I always give Futch the Dragon Scale since he's a Dragon Knight. It just makes sense to me that he should have it.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

mackevin06 wrote:And I always give Futch the Dragon Scale since he's a Dragon Knight. It just makes sense to me that he should have it.
That's like giving a fur coat to a member of PETA.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

Ha ya now that you mention it, it does sound like it. :lol:
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

The Tapioca Tunic is also perfectly suited for Juan
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

On my first playthrough, I gave Nanami the Dream Robe. Ever since then, I always give it to her. Even knowing she dies, I keep it on her just because.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
mackevin06 wrote:And I always give Futch the Dragon Scale since he's a Dragon Knight. It just makes sense to me that he should have it.
That's like giving a fur coat to a member of PETA.
That's such a great comment, haha.

For me, Sierra and the Dream Robe.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

This is a great topic! I don't have specific preferences, though. I like giving the hero of Tierkreis a staff, but they are so vastly inferior to swords that I don't do it often. It's a bit more "fluffy".
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

In S3, I give Sharon the Fury and Unicorn runes. She's the only spear user I use, and why I give her Fury over everyone else I could give it to.....I have no clue. But it makes her a pretty kick-ass party member. Along with Futch and Bright of course :D I have them in my party all the time once I get them.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Nanami with Spark, Gale and Down/Technique runes is a lot of fun.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I always give Oulan the Fury and Exertion runes. I always give Shin a poison rune because his sword is a tarantula. For some reason it took me ages to figure out that I could give a character fire immunity so they can use fire lizard without taking damage from it (the ouch i'm burning animation is still annoying, though) but I ended up doing that for my Viktor.
Any double beat runes I get in Suikoden 2, I prioritize with characters like Viktor, Rikimaru or Humphrey, because I like them to make full use of their strength.

I'm not too fussed about armour for certain characters, though I'm sure I'm not the only one who wins loads of money from Marco at the beginning of S1 to buy wing boots for Cleo and perhaps some extra pairs for some of the girls we meet later on.