Saddest Suikoden Scene

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
LadyCyclone

Saddest Suikoden Scene

Post by LadyCyclone »

I suspect it's already been done before but I can't find it and don't want to revive super old threads (in my forum experience, this is practically blasphemous? :| ). Saddest scene in Suikoden?

Last night I got to the part where Gremio dies; EVERY time this happens I cry for ages - probably a good half hour - and I also reached the part where the hero has to kill his father, another tragic scene. I don't think even Jowy's death in 2 can match up to Gremio's. Though a close one would be Roy's in 5 - that was so awful, I switched off the game and went right back to where I'd started from. HATED that Childerich, actually he's the one character I really despised in any of the games, I was thrilled when he died. Anyone agree?
Nikisaur

Re: Saddest Suikoden Scene

Post by Nikisaur »

I actually always get teary when Futch finds out the final ingredient in the potion to wake the dragons D:
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

:cry: Can't believe I forgot - Black's death!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Duel with Miakis in Doraat and Galleon's flashback are the saddest scenes for me.

Roy's death scene is quite sad too,but i think it's not supposed to be the "official" scene of the story...just an alternative one.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Yes, I accidentally chose to sacrifice Roy - and was horrified by that disgusting Childerich; and when Roy saw Lyon's face my face screwed up. I liked Roy - and he looked more manly than the actual hero, who looked rather like a girl ...
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Nothing comes close to the moments from Suikoden 1. Gremio's death and Teo's death were both emotional moments, but for me, It's the double whammy of Barbarossa's final speech/suicide and Mathiu's death that always get me. It's such a bitter sweet ending.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Gremio's death is one that I was shocked about, didn't see it coming at all. The way he described what the parasites was doing, where they were and in what state it left him, it.. Didn't feel alright. Then when you come out and you see his gear, it's sad.

Nanami's alleged death was rather drawn-out and well, Riou and Jowy just stood there. Kind of felt like they should have done something. "Oh hai guise we have dees runes jo, let's not use dem, ok???"
I didn't like Nanami in any way, but sacrificing herself and they engaged AFTER she was "dead", just made me mad.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Lyon dies then all the dead appears and resurrect her and gives her back to you, while that epic music sounds. I almost cryed there. Probably is my favorite sad scene but is at the same time a happy scene. Glorious

I also will never forget how I reset the console like 5 times in my first gameplay trying to avoid Nanami death almost in tear without knowing you can without having the 108 stars.

Then there are some other great moments too like Clives quest end, Odessa's death or the flashback where you see how Georg kills the queen
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I think it's ok to resurrect old threads on this site, people aren't as bitchy around here as on other forums.

Lets see...

Odessa's death got me when I first played it, because I thought she was interesting, but upon replaying the game about 400 times, it doesn't bother much now, becasue she's kind of a plot device to let me become the leader, and I'm like "ok, let's bump this bitch off so I can get all the cool stuff that comes afterwards!"

Gremio's death saddened me when I first played, but now when I play, it's like "great, no more dramaqueening from him! Time for me to become my own man." But I do like Camille's reaction to his death, and she's the one who avenges him if you choose to kill Milich.

One scene that does still get me from Suikoden 1, though, is Ted's scene in Seek Valley. the smack talk from Windy, the cold and dark environment of the valley itself was all very dramatic. And things really come to a head for Ted at this point. We saw his origins during the event in his home village, and we know how much pain he has experienced throughout his 300 years of wandering. I like Ted even more after seeing him in Suikoden 4, so giving him his final face off with the Soul Eater and Windy meant a lot to me.

Ridley's death in S2 (assuming you go that way) made me feel like a complete wanker. Made me hate Nanami for agreeing to escape with her and leaving the army to their fate. I felt like i wasn't worthy to be a leader and didn't deserve forgiveness from the others.

When Roy dies in S5, I was traumatized, but I think the story turns out much better that way. You get to fight 2 awesome battles, with the dragonhorses arriving to sweep the enemies up for you. And even Roy's friends have their moment - Faylen throwing her trirang at Guisu and Faylon giving you a bitch slap. They don't get moments like this if you choose the other option.

Whereas if you choose the cowardly option to flee the castle, what do we get? Sneaking around in caves and heading off to watch Rahal do his drag act. What a load of bollocks. Yeah, that's why I play Suikoden games - to recruit all these badass warriors so I can go and hide like a pansy!
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

sticky-runes wrote:
Whereas if you choose the cowardly option to flee the castle, what do we get? Sneaking around in caves and heading off to watch Rahal do his drag act. What a load of bollocks. Yeah, that's why I play Suikoden games - to recruit all these badass warriors so I can go and hide like a pansy!
Rahal reminds me of this singer called Bill Kaulitz (anyone heard of him?) - what a beautiful man - though the drag act was slightly off-putting :lol:
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Was a while ago I heard of Tokio Hotel, they still around?
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Rahal looks better in drag than in uniform imho. Funny, but I don't think his sister looks nearly as good.

As per the topic, the scene in Ted's village kinda gets to me since there's nothing to be done about his fate. He's just a little kid when he gets stuck with the Rune and he'll never have a normal life.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Chris finding out what Yun is going on about is a powerful scene, but it's dulled by the fact that Yun's pretty placid about it.

Gremio's is the original and most built up. Hard to beat.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Rania looks more like a man than Rahal; and Rahal looks more like a woman than Rania in drag!

Also, I'm not even a fan of Tokyo Hotel but that mesmerizing face grabbed my attention immediately.
Twilight Sky

Post by Twilight Sky »

The events that resulted in Ferid's death, as well as the later scene with the Prince reminiscence about his parents.

Ferid had a greater impact on me than Arshtat did.
freshmetal wrote:Nothing comes close to the moments from Suikoden 1. Gremio's death and Teo's death were both emotional moments, but for me, It's the double whammy of Barbarossa's final speech/suicide and Mathiu's death that always get me. It's such a bitter sweet ending.

..yep lot of memorable people died in the game.