Your party of 6

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Aerolithe Lion

Your party of 6

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Who would be your preferred party of any 6 Suikoden characters? Obviously each person listing the most powerful characters in each game wouldn't be a worthwhile thread, so this will need limitations. Some of these may eliminate your favorite character(s), but that's not necessarily what this exercise is about. Build a team of guys you like who fit the criteria. A grounded team. Let's set up some basic rules to define it:

1. 6 characters from any of the Suikoden games. Most current (or pre-mortem) form preferred.

2. All characters should be Stars of Destiny from the core 5 games. SoDs will benefit the thread, avoiding the inevitable team of historic Muse mayors someone read about in a Japanese-only manga.

3. No true rune bearers. This will allow for some improvisation and imagination, preventing everyone's party from being "Hugo Tir Geddoe Sasarai Luc Lazlo! Unstoppable!" Also, no 'true rune' class characters who *technically* don't have a true rune. That includes Riou, Jowy, Freyjadour, Crowley, Zerase, and Lyon. Characters like Viktor and Edge would be considered without the Star Dragon Sword.

4. Stress personal preference and Suikoden storylines over gameplay mechanics. Sid's 3 rune slots making him a far better warrior than Genshu or Georg shouldn't be a reason you choose him.

5. Try to balance your team. It's perfectly fine if you usually prefer kung fu guys in each game and you want to make a part of 6 of them. But consider that this group would need to progress through a number of events, whether they be physically demanding, magic-based, or otherwise.

6. And finally, set up your team. Why do you have 4 mages and 2 Beavers? What strategies would they use? Would you go with the classic 3x3 setup or develop a new one?
Last edited by Aerolithe Lion on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lemmy Claypool

Re: Your party of 6

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Hi Aerolithe, have you edited this to remove your stipulations? I'm sure I read this thread last night and there was more to it. I only ask because I'd advise you put them back, that way the thread will generate more discussion. As it stands right now this is simply going to generate a list thread, which are against the rules.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Ok well i have a few favourite party combinations. I always thought that the Six Generals of the Scarlet Moon Empire would make an awesome party. I'm talking Teo, Kasim, Kwanda, Milich, Sonya and Georg. I'm not sure how that would work in-game as they are all S type front row fighters but give them the True Men formation from Suikoden 5 and you would have quite the powerhouse.

An all True Rune party would blow them away though. Geddoe, Yuber, Lazlo out front with Luc, Tir and Riou backing them up. An impossible combination but it sure would be epic. And then you gotta have the all female party consisting of Sialeeds, Jeane, Lorelai, Lucia, Chris and Sierra purely for shallow reasons...
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Viktor, Lino en Kuldes, Zegai, Valeria, Camus, Zerase

This would most likely have to be the "true men" formation from Suikoden V, unless it's a Tactics style battle ;)

Viktor, because he's my all time fave from the first two games, and since he's got the night rune, we never know what troauble we're going to run into.
Lino, because he's got some authoritah, and we never know when we might need his big ol' ship. and he's my biggest crush from the suikoden universe.
Zegai so he can hone our combat skills, and I'd invent some kind of double spear attack with him and Lino.
Valeria because she's my favourite swordswoman from the suikoworld (I would choose Kika, but Valeria has better defences as well)
Camus because he's a good mix of physical combat and magic.
Zerase because I ought to have at least one awesome magic user and her poison darts come in handy as well.
Last edited by sticky-runes on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Hi Aerolithe, have you edited this to remove your stipulations? I'm sure I read this thread last night and there was more to it. I only ask because I'd advise you put them back, that way the thread will generate more discussion. As it stands right now this is simply going to generate a list thread, which are against the rules.
okay, thank you for the advice. I'll amend it
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'm glad you said no true rune bearers because that would be boring!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:Hi Aerolithe, have you edited this to remove your stipulations? I'm sure I read this thread last night and there was more to it. I only ask because I'd advise you put them back, that way the thread will generate more discussion. As it stands right now this is simply going to generate a list thread, which are against the rules.
okay, thank you for the advice. I'll amend it
Excellent work sir.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I've been thinking about this a lot and am on the fence about my team (why I never posted it). I don't want to show a complete SIII bias, so so far I've got Jeremy and Percival... Currently playing SV, and I'm really warming up to Hazuki, she might be a keeper!
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Even without saying all that my team would be mostly the same, because I trend to "autolimitate" myself with this things because there is no fun into picking a party of overpowered characters.

1. Motherfucking George Prime, because all party needs a warrior and let's deal with it, there is no one better (and more badass) than Georg.

2. Millie as useless summoning mage. Summoning is not great thing in Suikoden games, and Milie is not a really good mage, but I like Millie and summoner/pet user is required in every rpg party because we need pets to sell toys and girls that give pantyshots.

3. Morgan, because every party needs a martial artist to release Ki blast, deadly palms and flying kicks, and the only thing as badass as a warrior with an eyepatch is a blind monk.

4. Ayane for the rogue/assassin slot, and because ponytails and hot and fit body full of scars.

5. Sarah for the mage slot. In Suikoden a mage is a mage, can heal or can attack, but if you have a character healing you cant have him attacking, so usually I prefer to have 1 character focused on healing and other mage do the magic damage. But since there is already Milie in the party they can swich attacks/buffs/healing when is convenient. Also would be difficult to pick a "black mage" because sincerely, I don't like Suikoden mages in general, the characters I mean I don't like the personality/apparence of Suikoden mages, and the one I like (Sierra) is banned. Also that way I have one more slot for

6. Jaques, because this team lacks ranged attacks and because Jaques is a cool sniper with a fabulous coat and likes cute brown girls. :lol:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't remember Morgan releasing ki blasts??
Twilight Sky

Post by Twilight Sky »

1. Valeria 2. Nikea 3. Hazuki

4. Lorelai 5. Faylen 6. Miakis

Runes:
Valeria - Killer
Nikea - Firefly
Hazuki - Killer
Lorelai - Killer, Lightening, Double-Edged
Faylen - Killer, Double-Edged
Miakis - Double-Edged, Cyclone, Mother Earth.

Valeria - simply because I've always liked her, and put her in my group in every suikoden II playthrough.
Nikea - as she is my tank in my current SV playthrough. With careful comparing, I came to the conclusion that making her a tank was a good decision. She'll be the slowest in turn order, but she has the highest evasion, the highest HP, and for a pure non-magic melee character the highest MDF. Durable all around, so the Firefly rune will keep mobs on her, while keeping the squishies safe.
Hazuki is just another badass swordswoman that can crit-stomp 90% of the time.
Lorelai - same as Valeria.
Faylen - I'm sure there are better L characters, but I prefer her because she's fast.
Miakis - The perfect mix of melee and magic, with the speed and that ever so important decent MDF. Just can't take physical hits lol.

and yes all girls. I just like girls.
Last edited by Twilight Sky on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Neclord, you managed to spell 4 of your 6 party members incorrectly. That's actually impressive.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

sticky-runes wrote:I don't remember Morgan releasing ki blasts??
But sure he can
Aerolithe Lion wrote:Neclord, you managed to spell 4 of your 6 party members incorrectly. That's actually impressive.
No one could say I didn't replayed a Suikoden game in 5 years, couldn't they? :lol:
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Georg Prime = he is lethal. Plus he's the perfect man and I'd be crazy not to have him in my team.
Flik = Because he's one of the originals from the first game and there's something endearing about all that blue.
Viktor = you can't have Flik without Viktor; and in the second game they are able to unite. Plus, the banter between those two is priceless.
Nanami = Because she has a great personality and she's very powerful and protective. Also, I hardly liked any of the female characters in the Suikoden series, but she was one of my favourites, along with Sialeeds. Some people have said they found her annoying but I thought she was great.
Kyle = he's a healer and a warrior combined; plus he's super sexy.
Zerase = her magic was out of this world.
Eltaire

Post by Eltaire »

Viki: Because of her teleportation. Who seriously wants to trudge around the world on foot, or by boat when you can teleport everywhere? She would also have the Skunk Rune equipped so that she wouldn't be targeted by enemy "L" class characters.

Jeane: She'd be the mysterious Rune Mistress. She's quite powerful with her rune prowess, and I am sure enemy soldiers will think twice before attacking her, considering she's wearing next to nothing. :P

Schlotenheim Reinbach IV: The Rose Rune. It's just ridiculous. And I am sure that he would entertain the rest of the party during the dull moments.

Sialeeds: Great for long range, and she would also be distracting to the enemies. I am sure she'd have a unite with Jeane. Maybe it's called "Bouncy Bouncy" (Think about it).

Pahn: He's such a beast. The Boar Rune works really well. He could act as a tank to prevent damage from the other party members, being an "S" and all. And those biceps.. man!

Viktor: (Without the Star Dragon Sword) He would tank as well in the front row. Reinbach would probably be between Pahn and Viktor. He'd have a unite with Pahn called "Watch these Guns!" I can't stress the biceps enough. :P