Is this true about Suiko 2?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Tonel

Is this true about Suiko 2?

Post by Tonel »

We all know that suikoden II had small print run here in the US this may or may not be old news but....

According to a anonymous source on Gfaqs (after going through countless threads)

"It's been reported that Konami only made roughly 50,000 copies of suikoden II for the US, due to low sales they never did a second print run, which would make it a collectors item in today's standards"

Would make sense though I doubt there are any new *Legit* copies anywhere and yet I hope it's false info who knows?

What do you think?
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
freshmetal

Re: Is this true about Suiko 2?

Post by freshmetal »

Well, yeah. Suikoden 2 is absolutely a collector's item. Anyone that has tried to get the game in the last decade could tell you that. Just check it out on Ebay. Un-opened copies of the game go for hundreds of dollars.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Even if it is true it doesn't make a lick of difference, it's a collectors item because there are few copies in circulation, knowing the exact number Konami produced isn't going to magically change that. It's been over 12 years, there aren't going to be any new copies.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Even if it is true it doesn't make a lick of difference, it's a collectors item because there are few copies in circulation, knowing the exact number Konami produced isn't going to magically change that. It's been over 12 years, there aren't going to be any new copies.

I know, it's just shocking and yet it's one of the best RPGs ever that never got reprinted over here thanks to Konami..

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Suikoden 2's limited production is like a double edged sword. On one hand, I'm proud that I have the RPG equivalent of a flawless diamond. It's perfection but as rare as a photo of Big Foot riding on the back of the Loch Ness Monster. But on the other hand, that rarity prevents others from experiencing this great game, at least it did before emulators became common.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Tonel wrote:
Raww Le Klueze wrote:Even if it is true it doesn't make a lick of difference, it's a collectors item because there are few copies in circulation, knowing the exact number Konami produced isn't going to magically change that. It's been over 12 years, there aren't going to be any new copies.

I know, it's just shocking and yet it's one of the best RPGs ever that never got reprinted over here thanks to Konami..
If it didn't sell it's just business logic to not reprint it.

But 50,000 is really low, I cannot really believe that. This thread on gamefaqs says (without a source) over 90,000. Which doesn't make much sense, the first one was over 170,000!? You'd think people who bought the first game also bought the second. Well, it's without a source so we cannot be so sure about it.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Konami is known for shooting themselves in the feet. Countless times. With every new Suikoden game. I doubt the number is accurate, but like Raww said, it's irrelevant.